Game of Thrones (HBO)

100% the opposite for me. Those dragons can’t hit Mach 2 and 60k feet. The dragon would be shot before it even knew the jet was there.

The dragon is going to completely outmaneuver that jet. Heck it could land, and get the jet vertically which is something a jet simply cannot do. Ground crews though would have a huge upper-hand against them, since they have bullets.

Do all the fancy flying you want, if I’m that jet I’m never getting within 20 miles of that dragon. Guided ordinance ftw.

Now if he were to make it an A-10 versus a dragon? Now that would be a fun and interesting comparison!

The dragon also won’t run out of “ammo” (as far as I know).

Hard to not get within 20 miles of something you don’t know is there!

sigh if DCS ME could manage the encounter, I’d happily build it. Only if…

Just name some random Sikorsky ‘dragon’ ;)

From an agility/ speed perspective that’s about how I imagine them. Just with an infinite napalm flamethrower.

Just remember, if it was all about math and odds, we’d be driving on the left, talking about sweet biscuits and eventually speaking German or Japanese.

Fuck jets and dragons. You all know who rules.

Not only is he really neat, he’s also full of turtle meat.

Up in the sky, it’s TurtleBoarJet!

Youtube for everything.

Agree with this.

The most perplexing/infuriating aspect of this to me is the parts of the show that are entirely fabricated for the HBO series and don’t have any correlate to the books. This “new” content is almost always horrid and painful. The entire handling of Dorne for example. Grey Worm and Missandei romance. Pain.

And so the HBO series wastes time with dreadful stuff ginned up by some pinhead that thinks his stuff is better than GRRM, and the whole product suffers. So the HBO series gives plenty of time, major parts of consecutive episodes, for their insane handling of Dorne but no time at all for Lady Stoneheart. Uh, what the fuck?

something i never miss, i am waiting desperately in 2k18 for the next season to arrive. i hope its going to be an exciting one.

Wait a second, You think there is going to be a book 6? Have a seat John, I need to tell you something,

As if GRRM doesn’t waste hundreds of pages with useless crap. Books 4-5 were mostly fluff about stuff nobody gave a damn about. His problem now is he has no idea how to make it all relevant. the books will never be finished, so accept the fact that whatever HBO does will be considered canon. I know it hurts, but it isn’t HBO’s fault, it is GRRM’s.

Sure, HBO did take some pretty good parts of GoT and turn them into crap, Dorne at the very least. And the quality of the product has gone down now that they don’t have hundreds of pages of story to turn into a TV product, and must instead rely on a few notes and guidelines.

But it’s either compromise or go the GRRM way, and maybe in 20 years, a gray haired John Snow would finally meet Daenerys, and a middle aged Arya would show up…

Ha! GRRM is totally gonna pull a Robert Jordan and die on us well before we get to the rumored 7th? book. Hell, do we even have a release date for Book 6?

Well of course a dragon would win versus an F4 Phantom. How could it be otherwise?

Do you even read, bro?

And, sorry, no, the show won’t magically become canon over a book series, even if the latter is never completed. I find it highly doubtful that even if GRRM were to die before finishing that his notes won’t eventually be leaked. The notes might be very skeletal, leaving individuals to flesh out whatever details they feel inclined to graft onto it, but that map will be so different there won’t be any confusing of the two.