Game of Thrones (HBO)

This appears to be confirmed.

Great casting decision, though it is pretty much a no-brainer.

5 topics down dude.

I searched “Game of Thrones” from the board search tool and got this thread. My bad.

Gotta love the fact that there are two HBO Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones threads each with 120+ posts. It seems even the Qt3 hive-mind cannot decide which is the one true thread…

My thread is more than a year older than this thread!

How DID that happen? Usually someone hand is slapped before two can get more than 3 or 4 posts.

One is based on the entire series and the other is based on the first season, which is Game of Thrones. When the second season comes along you start a new thread, which hopefully will help dispatch Lost-thread syndrome. Nuff said.

— Alan

I think I may need a diagram, but why don’t we wait until it actually shows up on the telly. (That’s right, I am developing a British accent, too, just like Madonna, which I can then lord over you filthy, uncouth American pig-dogs)

Never.

Gentlemen, I present to you your Daenerys:

Aka Tamzyn Merchant. She was recently playing Katherine Howard on The Tudors.

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau is going to be Jaime Lannister. He was really really good on New Amsterdam.

A bunch more casting announcements here

Guess that means Moore’s Virtuality is officially dead, considering he was the main dude.

She looks like she could have the crazy eyes. I approve.

I approve of your approval.

Where’s my Littlefinger announcement? It must be hard to cast such an amazing character.

Littlefinger was always Kevin Spacey in my mind. I mean, Spacey is close to how I imagined Littlefinger. He can be suave (like in LA Confidential), nervous (Usual Suspects), scheming (also Usual Suspects), and he has that kind of look to him. The only downside is age, I guess.

So who gets to play Ser Loras Tyrell? A Jonas brother? The dude from Twilight?

Is Littlefinger in the pilot? I think that’s all they are casting now- they don’t have a full series order yet.

AFAIK they do.

I’m pretty sure they haven’t ordered it yet. It has some competition at HBO. But hopefully you’re right, I really want to see the full season.

No full season order yet. It’s just the pilot that is shooting in October- not the full series. HBO has an unusually high pilot to full season order so it’s very likely to make it to series but that isn’t the focus yet.