Game of Thrones show creators filming new Star Wars films

To be honest, peripheral stories are all that I’m interested in when it comes to Star Wars. The main family saga and the constant circular storylines are eating each other’s tails and are boring. But just like WW2 films and how we don’t need to see the D-Day landing every time, there are hundreds of smaller stories to be told that don’t need to save the galaxy from the latest planet blower-upper.

But they need to allow for nobodies to do their own thing… making every movie about a young Han or young Boba Fett or be Lando’s dad or Chewbacca’s nephew or always tied to someone we know is dull.

Maybe that’s what Rogue One is? I need to see it. But I hear they kill everyone, and it’s the story we already knew.

It’s gotten a lot of momentum in the past week, after Uma Thurman finally spoke out. He may be able to resurface down the road, but he is very likely going to be at least sidelined for a while. What happens with his Manson family murder flick will be the canary in the mine - guys like Leo are signed up for it. If they start pulling out, it’s unlikely to proceed and he won’t be able to get funding for anything else.

I hope they’re going to tell a story something like this trailer! It always did have a very Game of Thrones vibe to it.

I tried watching GoT but I couldn’t understand the dialogue without headphones. Also, the cinematography/sets felt cramped. When I read the books I envisioned larger, more open areas. Meh.

Err…say what?

Not sure what he means either. I do remember the “big” tourney in the first season looking pretty underwhelming?

tourney_02

The budget in the first season was much smaller than the subsequent seasons. Going back and watching it, it’s striking how different it was compared to what it became!

But yes, agreed on the dialog. Even with good sound mixing I usually leave captions on anyway while watching GoT simply because there are so many new terms I just didn’t understand at all the first time through.