1. Cat
  2. Nervous astronaut
  3. Road trip
  4. Friendly cuckold
  5. Street beating
  6. Late lamented friend

Capricorn One?

Nope!

Uh, Easy Rider? If Jack Nicholson, who was paranoid in this one and an astronaut in Terms of Endearment, is the #2 clue.

It’s a stretch.

The only movie I can think of with #4 is A Serious Man, I’m 99.9% sure that’s wrong as almost nothing else fits (maybe #6?), but what the heck - I’ll throw it out there for that 1/1000 chance.

Nervous astronaut? You’re gonna die up there? Exorcist???

Oh! I think you’re really really close. My next guess is locked and lloaded.

Austin Powers?

Not Austin Powers.

1. Cat
  2. Nervous astronaut
  3. Road trip
  4. Friendly cuckold
  5. Street beating
  6. Late lamented friend
  7. Junkie Jazzman

Inside Llewyn Davis

Bingo!

1. Cat: Llewyn spends a lot of time trying to find a friend’s runaway cat

2. Nervous astronaut:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSwO-k-RqNA

3. Road trip: Llewyn hitches a ride to Chicago with a beat poet and Item #7

4. Friendly cuckold: Justin Timberlake is a good buddy to Llewyn and has no idea that the latter has (apparently) impregnated his wife.

5. Street beating: Llewyn gets beaten up by the husband of a woman he heckled at a folk club.

6. Late lamented friend: Llewyn used to be half of a folk duo, and is somewhat adrift after his partner’s suicide.

7. Junkie Jazzman: Roland Turner, the acerbic jazz musician played by John Goodman, turns out to have a smack habit.

Still haven’t seen it. I could have sworn I put it on one of my services’ queues, but I don’t recall it cropping up in any of the lists recently.

Ha! Well done. I have seen it. I was totally stumped, but now that I know what it is the clues are obvious :) I think I need to watch it again. I do love the scene where Po Dameron and Kylo Ren sing a song about going into space with Justin Timberlake.

I think it’s the best Coen film after Fargo and No Country For Old Men, but YMMV. Everybody has their personal Coen ranking, I’m sure.

I appreciate the tip from @dtolman who got me thinking about relatively recent Coen Bros. movies.
At one point ILD was in my Prime Video queue, or maybe Starz. I felt like rewatching it in between binges of “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel” and “Mad Men”, but never got around to it. It’s too bad the cinematographer never found the light switch.

Here’s the next sacrifice:

• tribal rites and a predilection for calendars
  • vagabonds warn of a conflagration, lettered men implore passersby to caper around
  • two bridges: one leads to despair and death, the other leads to a better life
  • a raid on a neighboring tribe seems successful, but…
  • a former holy man can’t help but be sought out for spiritual counsel

Don’t watch The Godfather Part II!

Ain’t that the truth. It’s like they only remembered about setting up a key light when they made the actor hold it himself.