Game - The 5 Elements

Thanks. @Buckaroo

Thank you both @arrendek and @stusser !

@divedivedive : interesting to see how some (great) directors have their own “touch” and “gimmicks”. Also, you gotta see Boogie Nights. It is just a great movie! And it has a wonderful cast (yes, that includes Burt Reynolds!)

@Matt_W : I’m thinking …

The Matrix?

I’m so used to the association “virus=pandemics=zombies” that I didn’t even think one sec it could be this kind of virus! I was looking for a movie mostly set in a desert with an epidemic starting when a sick rabbit attacks someone in a lab …

Hell, for what we know, the main protagonist simply got a flu at some point in the movie!

It is indeed The Matrix :) You’re… uh… still up.

I don’t recall any desert. Haven’t watch it since it came in theater. At what point in the movie is that?

“Follow the white rabbit.”
“Fields, Neo. Endless fields, where humans are not born, we’re grown.”
“Welcome to the desert of the real.”
“Humanity is a virus, and we are the cure.”
“You know what I realized? Ignorance is bliss.”

I assume the clues are meant to be a bit cryptic. I should’ve thought of a better one than “bliss” though. That one was weak.

Ah! Well done! I didn’t remember all these quotes.
You can choose the clues you want, just something that comes to mind when you think of a movie. For example, I could have also chosen “roller-blades”, “scene homage to Raging Bull” or “suicide” for Boogie Nights. Whatever works for you!

No sir I’m pretty sure those were roller skates! :D

Well, ain’t that a pisser. :P

I didn’t even know the difference!
For my defense, that’s not exactly the part of her body I was looking at …

That’s fair. :D

I’m not very good at this kind of thing. But welcome Buckaroo.

And BANZAI!

I haven’t read the rest of the thread so this may have already come up, but didn’t you guys already know the fifth element is love?

1. Thanksgiving
  2. New York City
  3. Cancer
  4. Motorcycle rides
  5. Reconnecting with family

This is totally on the nose because I don’t know how many people have seen the movie.

Also I said I’d be bad at this.

Home for the Holidays?

No, sorry. I have a feeling this will work for a ton of movies maybe… :/

Edit: Although I can’t think of any off hand or I would have tried to be more discriminating.

Royal Tenenbaums?

Nope.