Gamechuck Interactive Comic Book Adventures

Hi! My name is Lucija and I’m writing on behalf of Gamechuck gamedev studio. I got the permission to post here from Tom.

In short, Gamechuck is making interactive point ’n’ click comic book adventures that can be printed out after playing. It works something like this (0:46).

We already published All You Can Eat, a game inspired by Dilbert and Monkey Island where you have to save your favorite diner from closing, and vApe Escape, an adventure where you have to take control of an innocent ape who must escape the sad destiny of becoming a vape dispenser for the wealthy hipsters of the universe.

vApe Escape was a Humble Bundle Original in November 2018 and now it’s coming out on Steam and Itch.io for PC on 15 March for free so if you want to see how our concept of interactive adventure comic book games works, you can wishlist it and try it out for yourself. Let us know what you think. :)

I admit, I already read some of the comments on vApe Escape here and they were not favorable but I want to point out that we have more of these games in production and of different visual styles/themes/varieties. For example, All You Can Eat, vApe Escape and our upcoming adventure The Lot are comedy adventure games with visuals trying to deliberately imitate the look and feel of daily comics.

These games/comic books are still in production and will be released later this year.

The Lot revolves around Harry Hunter, freelance parking attendant, who has to find a freeloading owner of a blue Mustang in his parking lot and make him pay for the ticket.

Sol Invictus Stories: The Heist is, on the other hand, a gritty cyberpunk noir adventure game about rag-tag team of hackers who are willing to risk everything for one big payoff.

The Sidekick is our take on the superhero genre, in which you play as a sidekick to Justman, in a quest to save the world (and also find out why daddy left mommy)!

Anyway, what do you think? We’d love to read your feedback and comments. If you’d like to know more, feel free to ask questions. :)