Gamecube: Bomberman Generation

Anyone playing this? Is it worthwhile? Got a pretty good review from Gamespot and IGN.

It’s not like there are any other recent options on the Gamecube for God’s sake.

I’ve never played a Bomberman game before, so I picked it up, mainly to try multiplayer at Shoot Club. Based on getting a little way into the first level, I’m not sure I have any interest in the single player game. The battle modes, on the other hand, are pretty nifty. I can see what the fuss was about. I still have to figure out what exactly is going on, but it was great fiddling around with it with other players.

-Tom

I almost bought the Gamecube Bomberman. Sega Saturn Bomberman is probably the best iteration with its ten player mode. However, the reviews of the GC version claim its multiplayer is very good. I wouldn’t buy a B-man game for single player anyway so with four controller ports on a GC, it’s probably a good choice for another party game.

With Super Smash Brothers Melee, Super Monkey Ball and now Bomberman, the choice of system is clear for multiplayer fun… well, unless you already had a Dreamcast. :)

–Dave

Bomberman is a stalking horse for palestinian suicide bombers. :(

Bomberman Generation multiplayer is lots of fun. One of those games where you’re cursing your friends and threatening to launch a controller their way.

The single player mode is okay. It kinda grows on you as a puzzle-based adventure, but the puzzles aren’t particularly difficult. My 9 year old son loves it, though.