Gamedle: like Wordle but with games instead of words

Phhhht

#GuessTheGame #379

🎮 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟥

Heard of it back when, but I don’t even ever recall seeing screenshots. Ah well.

I had it on number 4 but both times I hit “skip” instead of submit after entering the right answer.

#GuessTheGame #379

🎮 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟩

#GuessTheGame #379

🎮 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟩 ⬜

Tricky one. And a bit obscure for many people, I suppose. But I’ve played it. :)

#GuessTheGame #379

🎮 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟩 ⬜

I played hour and a half or two of hours of this game, I have it on Steam, but until the 5th screenshot I couldn’t recognize it.

I didn’t know it released in 360 before PC, I guess that’s from the age of xbla games, when Steam wasn’t as strong for indies.

I one-shotted this one, even though I was sure the guess was wrong given the game is so obscure. (It did take me a few minutes to dredge the name up from memory, because it’s a pretty bad title.) But it was the first game that came to mind. It is a game I spent a lot of time with four or five years ago, playing to the very end. I recommend it if anyone is into the idea of a hand-animated 2D platforming RPG brawler.

UPDATE: Dang, I forgot it was published by Microsoft!

So far I’ve not looked at any other info when playing this game - like my Steam library. Do you guys allow yourself to do anything like that, or do you play blind?

I play blind, but if I remember the game but can’t remember the exact name, I’ll check my library or Google a detailed description of the game as I remember here just to get the name. In other words, I’ll resort to external help to help me remember the name when I know which game it is, but don’t remember its title.

Actually, in the case of this last game, I had to do that. I remembered the name of the supporting character (Fidget), I could even recall the layout of the first few “levels”, but I couldn’t remember the name of the game - though I remembered it had some kind of pun in the title. And so it did. :)

Yep, same here. For today’s game, I first wanted to guess a snowy game I’d played recently which I was sure was called Roku. But that wasn’t on the list - and is something else entirely - so I checked Steam for the name in that instance (Röki - wasn’t on the list either!)

I’ve been going back from the beginning and just played the first 100. I only got 4 games in 1 guess.

#75 XCOM: Enemy Unknown
#81 Kerbal Space Program never played
#85 Control
#93 FTL: Faster Than Light

I really suck at this game.
1 guess = 4
2 guesses = 8
3 guesses = 10
4 guesses = 11
5 guesses = 12
6 guesses = 13
Lost = 42

I pretty much miss everything on a Nintendo platform, except for a couple. I don’t know how you guys do it.

The database for answers in this is pretty weird. I was going back through past days’ puzzles and had something spacey. There’s no Homeworld, no X-Wing vs TIE Fighter. There are other Star Wars games (console games), so I thought maybe they have no PC-only titles? But Loop Hero was an answer in the past. And it’s not that the database only goes back so many years, since there was also Lemmings. Shrug!

Hmm, you might need to find a different example of a PC-only title because the one in your spoiler (Loop Hero) actually did have a simultaneous release on both PC and one console; with a port to a different console also occurring later.

So, I’m not sure you can rule out the database excluding PC-only titles quite just yet.

That’s interesting, because the slide that listed platforms for that game only said PC! (So does Garry’s Mod, which was also an answer, and is almost certainly PC only, but is also kind of an oddball selection.) Still, there’s something going on. Not a single game with the words “Sid Meier” in the title??

Not a single game with the words “Sid Meier” in the title?

So far, at least… Whoever is developing Gamedle is still adding new games to the database though, they were taking suggestions via Twitter recently. Which may, or may not, explain the scatter gun selection of games in the database.

#GuessTheGame #380

🎮 🟩 ⬜ ⬜ ⬜ ⬜ ⬜

A lucky guess.

#GuessTheGame #380

🎮 🟥 🟥 🟩 ⬜ ⬜ ⬜

Never played that one.

Same score and circumstances. I had to browse the metacritic site a bit, so I ‘cheated’ on this one.

I didn’t. By that frame I had seen enough clues (including the platform: PS2 hint) to figure out what it was. By the second frame I knew the genre (I even guessed “Rock Band” there).

I didn’t get today’s. Kept guessing Rock Band iterations, forgot all about the precursor (the only Harmonix games I ever played were Frequency and Amplitude). Ah well.

#GuessTheGame #381

🎮 🟥 🟥 🟩 ⬜ ⬜ ⬜

#GuessTheGame #381

🎮 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟥

Old console releases are not my forte, since I had no access to consoles at all until the PS3…