Gamedle: like Wordle but with games instead of words

How do you even play them in 2023? Is there any legit way, or abandonware only?

Blurred as to not give any inadvertent hints…

Never played it, but they finally showed enough to let me get it.

#GuessTheGame #376

🎮 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟩 ⬜ ⬜

#GuessTheGame #376

🎮 🟩 ⬜ ⬜ ⬜ ⬜ ⬜

#GuessTheGame #375

🎮 🟥 🟩 ⬜ ⬜ ⬜ ⬜

(misclicked on this one!)

#GuessTheGame #373

🎮 🟥 🟥 🟩 ⬜ ⬜ ⬜

Look, I played this game, I have it on my Steam account, it’s a 2d platformer where the world would rotate around you, with your character sticking to different surfaces as if gravity work in a different manner. But I can’t be bothered into searching the name

#GuessTheGame #371

🎮 🟩 ⬜ ⬜ ⬜ ⬜ ⬜

#GuessTheGame #370

🎮 🟥 🟩 ⬜ ⬜ ⬜ ⬜

Game #369 - failed, i could have searched names of boxing games from NES in the 4th clue, I knew it was the ‘famous one’ but whatever.

#GuessTheGame #376

🎮 🟩 ⬜ ⬜ ⬜ ⬜ ⬜

Easy peasy. Loved that one.

Some of the clues it offers are wrong. No, God of War doesn’t have a 96% in Metacritic.

#GuessTheGame #376
🎮 🟩 ⬜ ⬜ ⬜ ⬜ ⬜

Loved this game.

One of the first hits that made DMA grow, and they eventually went on to make the Grand Theft Auto franchise. NoClip has an excellent documentary on them, and a lot of it at the start talks about this game. I think it was the first game I ever played that gave me so many tools to play with and made me feel so clever.

There’s a new version for mobile phones but it’s the usual awful, time-based micro-transaction nonsense.

I think it’s basically abandonware, which makes me very sad, as it’s one of the greatest games of all time. You can find HTML5 reimplementations and online DOSBOX versions if you don’t want to download anything.

But personally I’d just download the Amiga ROM and play it via WinUAE, or perhaps the DOS version.

It looks like there’s also a lot of ports / reimplementations: neolemmix, lemmix,superlemmini, lemmini link . I just tried Noelemmix and it works quite well, though the “high definition” graphics are hideous. It comes with a level pack that’s a compilation of the best bits of the original game, so if you’re looking to play Lemmings 1 just download and play that

#GuessTheGame #376

🎮 🟩 ⬜ ⬜ ⬜ ⬜ ⬜

Played that one on the Sega Genesis obsessively way back when.

#GuessTheGame #377

🎮 🟩 ⬜ ⬜ ⬜ ⬜ ⬜

Easy peasy.

#GuessTheGame #377

🎮 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟩 ⬜ ⬜

I haven’t played it. That was tough.

Doubt I’ll be able to keep this going any further, but:

IMG_3932

#GuessTheGame #377

🎮 🟥 🟥 🟩 ⬜ ⬜ ⬜

Haven’t played that one, what tipped me off was less frame 3 and more the statement in the upper left corner about native platform.

Same here. I didn’t notice it on Frame 3, but went back to it and saw that when I was on Frame 4.

Yeah, the saving grace for me was that if you say “PS4 exclusive” this is the game I think of.

#GuessTheGame #377

🎮 🟥 🟥 🟩 ⬜ ⬜ ⬜

That is nuts!

#GuessTheGame #377

🎮 🟥 🟩 ⬜ ⬜ ⬜ ⬜

Well…

🟩 ⬜ ⬜ ⬜ ⬜ ⬜ Day #375
🟩 ⬜ ⬜ ⬜ ⬜ ⬜ Day #376
🟩 ⬜ ⬜ ⬜ ⬜ ⬜ Day #377

Not that impossible, truly.

You guys are much better than I, which I knew from our guess screenshot thread. Not sure how you guys can guess as many as you do. I play a lot of games, but you guys seem to know every game ever made :-)

I got the last 4 days in a row on the first try as well, but a lot of it is you goofballs rushing to post how easy it was, so I know it must be something popular or obvious.

And I have no idea about #373 so I’m glad we started this streak with an easy one.