Gamedle: like Wordle but with games instead of words

Not a single game with the words “Sid Meier” in the title?

So far, at least… Whoever is developing Gamedle is still adding new games to the database though, they were taking suggestions via Twitter recently. Which may, or may not, explain the scatter gun selection of games in the database.

#GuessTheGame #380

🎮 🟩 ⬜ ⬜ ⬜ ⬜ ⬜

A lucky guess.

#GuessTheGame #380

🎮 🟥 🟥 🟩 ⬜ ⬜ ⬜

Never played that one.

Same score and circumstances. I had to browse the metacritic site a bit, so I ‘cheated’ on this one.

I didn’t. By that frame I had seen enough clues (including the platform: PS2 hint) to figure out what it was. By the second frame I knew the genre (I even guessed “Rock Band” there).

I didn’t get today’s. Kept guessing Rock Band iterations, forgot all about the precursor (the only Harmonix games I ever played were Frequency and Amplitude). Ah well.

#GuessTheGame #381

🎮 🟥 🟥 🟩 ⬜ ⬜ ⬜

#GuessTheGame #381

🎮 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟥

Old console releases are not my forte, since I had no access to consoles at all until the PS3…

#GuessTheGame #381

🎮 🟥 🟥 🟩 ⬜ ⬜ ⬜

#GuessTheGame #381

🎮 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟩

I one-shotted this?!?

I used that guess for an earlier day that felt a lot more likely, which is why it was on my mind. I even picked the particular sequel in the franchise semi-randomly. This time I just wanted to make a mostly reasonable guess and see what pic #2 would be. Wild.

I guessed Banjo Kazooie and then Banjo Toiee for my first two. The N64 look was very obvious from the first frame. That console definitely has a very unique look. If Frame 3 hadn’t given the game away, the next one I was going to guess was Turok.

#GuessTheGame #381

🎮 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟩 ⬜ ⬜

I had the right game at 3, but didn’t get the right variant. Never played any of these.

#GuessTheGame #382

🎮 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟥

Complete miss, despite having played some of its sequel.

#GuessTheGame #382

🎮 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟥

Why are there so many Nintendo exclusive games on this app? :(

There’s also a lack of PC games. Going through the archives: I thought one game might be ARMA, but not a single game of that lineage is in the search box, except for DayZ!

#GuessTheGame #382

🎮 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟩 ⬜

Could have gotten this in frame 3 because that quest marker was really familiar, but I couldn’t remember where I had seen it.

Right? I’d never even heard of this one.

#GuessTheGame #382

🎮 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟥

It’s a great game. I played it on my Wii U (in Wii mode) and I wish I could play it on my PC. Oh well.

#GuessTheGame #382

🎮 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟩 ⬜

had to guess which one of the series it was

Also, I, uh, may have gone through the entire archive. I noticed my concentration/patience going, but I completed all of them. 85% win quota, not bad. The cropping and often low-res/low detail shots really throw me off a lot. That and I cannot tell racing games apart.

#GuessTheGame #382

🎮 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟩 ⬜

The clues are more important than the screenshots almost. Especially if you haven’t played it. (Like me).