Gamepad

I just picked up Rayman 2 for the PC in the bargain bin, but I find the controls infuriating, since it doesn’t seem to map the camera function to the gamepad, necessitating me to fiddle around with the keyboard.

My gamepad is some form of a Thrustmaster, pretty cheap since I only use it for emulators, but it has twelve buttons so should be able to handle it. Rayman 2 doesn’t support adjusting the controls, and there is no similar program for the Thrustmaster gamepad.

Could anyone out there suggest a good program that would allow me to remap a gamepad’s buttons to keyboard functions?

I recommend the PS-to-USB converter; that way you can use any PS1 or PS2 controller you like.

Right. Which is great, wump, except it isn’t what I asked - you might as well have posted detailed instructions on how I could build a transdimensional telephone out of a piece of string, a glowstick, and a Buzz Lightyear Burger King cup.

Software to remap gamepad keys? Are you sure there wasn’t a disk in the box? What I mean is only Gravis-made software works with my Gravis gamepad. Unless Thrustmaster is different? If nothing else, a USB Sidewinder runs about $15 at Best Buy.

It was a really cheap gamepad for 10 euros. It has a Fifa Korea-Japan World Cup logo emblazoned across it and there was no software in the box. There are no Best Buys in Ireland.

Do they have Google in Ireland?

http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA016823/joytokey/english.html

Attaboy! Exactly the ticket. Thanks, wump.