Gamers are already drawing battle lines over the Battlefield V trailer

This is most certainly true, but since when was it a game developer’s duty to give history lessons? Lamenting a game not being historically accurate is like lamenting that the latest Fast & Furious movie could never happen in real life. Of course not! Entertainment is about escaping real life, not re-living it (mostly).

I’m so disappointed in the fact that this is even a topic. Of course all these assholes complaining are focused on realism in gaming, and not searching for new ways to be outraged by any perceived encroachment by people who want to broaden gaming’s appeal beyond themselves. Just like Gamergate was about “ethics in journalism.”

News flash: DICE was never trying to make a realistic war game. I played the first Battlefield, and it was a blast, but I never thought I was getting a history lesson.

Of course these reprobates know this, but hey, here’s an opportunity to cry havok and try to push back the savage hoards who dare try to make games for someone other than hetero white dudes.