Games are teaching Muslim youth to kill Americans

What’s sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. Jack Thompson’s gonna have fun with this one! (Is he disbarred yet?)

“Battlefield 2” ordinarily shows U.S. troops engaging forces from China or a united Middle East coalition. But in a modified video trailer posted on Islamic Web sites and shown to lawmakers, the game depicts a man in Arab headdress carrying an automatic weapon into combat with U.S. invaders.

“I was just a boy when the infidels came to my village in Blackhawk helicopters,” a narrator’s voice said as the screen flashed between images of street-level gunfights, explosions and helicopter assaults.

Then came a recording of President George W. Bush’s September 16, 2001, statement: “This crusade, this war on terrorism, is going to take a while.” It was edited to repeat the word “crusade,” which Muslims often define as an attack on Islam by Christianity…

SAIC executive Eric Michael said researchers suspect Islamic militants are using video games to train recruits and condition youth to attack U.S.-led coalition forces in Iraq.

This so clearly straddled the Games and P&R forums that I couldn’t resist posting it here, just for greater visibility. Yeah, that’s right, visibility.

I was just a boy when the infidels came to my village in Blackhawk helicopters,

Edit:

Gary Johnston: I was just a boy when the infidels came to my village in their Blackhawk helicopters. The infidels fired at the oil fields and they lit up like the eyes of Allah. Burning oil rained down from the sky and cooked everything it touched. I could only hide myself and cry as my goats were consumed by the fiery black liquid death. In the midst of the chaos, I could swear that I heard my goats screaming for help. As quickly as they had come, the infidels were gone. It was on that day I put a jihad on them. And if you don’t believe it, then you’d better kill me now, because I’ll put a jihad on you, too.

Terrorist: I like you. You have balls. I like balls.

Oh good, a politics thread.

This thread is worthless without a link to the video! WORTHLESS!

As an American it’s always been my political stance that Americans must die.

My hands are shakin My hands are shakin and IM STILL SHOOTIN AND IM STILL GETTIN HEADSHOTS ITS LIKE BOOM HEADSHOT! BOOM HEADSHOT!! BOOM HEADSHOT!

Genius.

“SAIC executive Eric Michael said researchers suspect Islamic militants are using video games to train recruits and condition youth to attack U.S.-led coalition forces in Iraq.”

I bet they get much training from bunny jumping around a small map trying to kill people that can instantly be ressurected by people wearing +'s…

… wtf.

Must be a dry news day when this stupid shit gets covered…

Battlefield 2 is an American game just because EA publishes it?

Do the terrorists keep their PCs up to spec so they can play BF2 in all its graphical glory or are they stuck at 10 FPS at 640x480 with stuttering sound?

The United 93 thread taught me that hundreds of millions of Muslims are always plotting the death of myself, my family, and my friends.

Which makes me ask–what kind of network architecture does Battlefield 2 have, to support that many players at once? And can maybe Blizzard work with the terrorists to help their own server load situation?

In what world are they “engaging in combat with U.S. troops”?

Does Battlefield 2 let you plant roadside bombs, kidnap and decapitate jounalists, and driveby shoot or carbomb unemployment lines and civilians leaving church? Or is that just the Mujihadmod?

so the terrorists/Gary Johnston are better writers than 90% of game writers?

I imagine all that street combat with snipers on the roofs and stuff would count as “engaging in combat with US troops.” I agree a carbomb simulator would be a shitty game, though.

Waiting… Waiting… Waiting…

(Memories of waiting for someone to come up on that perfect pipebomb ambush in duke3d.)

Unfortunately, it appears that al-Zarqawi has not discovered AimHack.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/05/04/iraq.al.zarqawi/index.html

Good times.