Games bought in the last month

I am employed and only have:

Torchlight

I substitute the money vaccuum that children create coupled with mounds of back-to-school debt. ;)

Full Price:
Torchlight

Discount:
Team Fortress 2
Never Winter Nights 2 + Expansions
Some Monkey Island game

Free:
Ricochet xtreme
Some other Monkey Island game

Reinstalled a few old ones.

BobJustBob is a game-buyin’ motherfucker.

I bought games that were on Sale in Steam:
PC

CoD4: Modern Warfare… he he … yes, I am just playing it
Mass Effect
Saints Row 2
Hitman Collection

Just two games, one really good one really really bad

Champions online
Fort Zombie

Maybe he can give Danger and me the games he never actually gets around to.

What game do you want most?

Batman: Arkham Asylum (I was in Spain on a business trip for three months when this came out)
Borderlands
Dragon Age
Uncharted 2

Errr… which one’s the really good one?

Let’s see…

Brutal Legend
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (hasn’t arrived yet)
Dragon Age: Origins (is a there a colon? Used my $20 MW2 credit to bring this to $20)
Dreamfall: The Longest Journey
Ghostbusters (for the PC; D2D sale)
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines (to supplement my missing physical copy; D2D sale)
Fallout 3: Game of the Year (waited for this to get the DLC)
Sacred 2: Whatever the subtitle is

I don’t know when I’ll get a chance to play any of these, but, hey, they’re there. I’m nearly finished with Brutal Legend (read: nearly ready to try multiplayer), and I think MW2 will be next on the list, if not Fallout 3.

Demon’s Souls
Uncharted 2
Gridrunner++ (PC)
Bayonetta (PS3)
Dragon Age (PC)
Borderlands (PC)
Echoes++ (360)
Squid Yes! Not So Octopus! (360)

I really haven’t spent much time with any of them other than Demons Soul’s and SYNSO. I’m on my 5th or 6th playthough of demon’s souls and SYNSO is hands down my favorite xbox indie title so far.

Still on Preorder:
Assassin’s Creed 2 (360)
Mushihimesama Futari (360)
God of War Collection (PS3)

Borderlands
Brutal Legend

I’m unemployed as well, so that’s about all I can afford.

I did just rent Modern Warfare 2 and Lego Rock Band, though. Looking forward to seeing what all the CoD4 hype is all about after never having played the first one.

All for PC:

Full price:
Risen - Collector’s Edition (German)
Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising
Tropica Reloaded
Fallout 3: Game of The Year Edition
Borderlands
Ghostbusters: The Video Game
Dragon Age Collector’s Edition
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Pripyat: Collector’s Edition (German)
Modern Warfare 2

Sale:
Darkest of Days
Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust
Tom Clancy’s Endwar
Elven Legacy
Penumbra Collection
Dark Sector
Outcry
The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault at Dark Arena
Medal of Honor: 10th Year Anniversary
Postal Fudge Pack
Majesty 2

Indies:
Grappling Hook
Time Gentlemen, Please!
Zombie Shooter 2

Telltale:
Wallace & Grommit Series
Strong Bad Series

GoG:
Ishar Compilation
Robinson’s Requiem Compilation
Ground Control + Expansion
Ground Control 2
Obscure

I owed some of the sale items already as individual games however the compilations were too good / cheap to not pick up (Penumbra, Postal, Medal of Honor)

Scribblenauts, traded in once the novelty wore off
Borderlands, ugh, hated it, traded in first chance I got
Dragon Age, loving it!

There are maybe half a dozen other titles I crave but have put them on my Xmas list. Between WoW and Dragon Age and GTA: Chinatown Wars on my DS, I have plenty to occupy my time. I don’t see the virtue of buying a ton of games and either playing a little of each or having them sit there unopened.

To those who have a loong list of games bought. Do yo play all your games, or is a collector thing?

I play a lot of hours per week (too much), but even then i can’t play 15 or 20 games per month.

DS:
Mario and Luigi: Bowser’s Inside Story

PS3:
Uncharted 2
Demon’s Souls
CoD:MW2

Iphone:
Spider

Wii:
nothing (last game was mario galaxy on launchday)

Fallout 3, where I got to level 3 until it was time to pick up…
…Modern Warfare 2, which I’ve played for a total of about 5 hours…

Working full time and having children does not leave much time to play games.

Dragon Age and Risen I think, plus ArmAII on sale. Most playtime has actually gone to Gothic 3. Again :(

A mixture of different things:

1. I love PC gaming. It’s one of my few hobbies and the only one that costs a noticable amount of money (the other one which is running is cheap apart from some shoes, couple of shirts / trousers + entry fees into marathons).

2. I see myself as a collector of exceptional games. I have a near complete Lucasfilm / LucasArts and Sierra adventure game collection.
    I also collect selected other games / series.
    Additionally I want to be prepared for the day when PC gaming / hardcore gaming is hit by no more games being produced (heaven forbid that day will come). If games will be casual only I will have games waiting for years to be played so I can wait until this whole casual bullshit bubble will burst and “Rabbits go home 23” will be burried in the desert.

3. As a German who only wants to play games in English and uncensored I often have to act fast when getting games because I can only get them as imports and have to rely to buy them online. I literally have to beat the censor agency at games like Wolfenstein etc. or I risk the games being confiscated by customs once they are on the index list.

4. I make a political and social statement with buying certain games. I’m against censorship so any game I buy in the UK instead of Germany hurts the local publisher + the state because the money is gone to a different country. This will continue unless they start to recognize that adults who pay their taxes have the right to choose what they want to play in their free time.
    Every purchase of an indie game makes a statement that I support their ideas / creativity / risk taking of the developers and hopefully make them develop their next game.

5. Since I’m single without any kids or other obligations besides showing up at work / family parties and hanging out with friends I have quite some time to play games in my free time. Also helps that I don’t watch tv besides the news.

Finally I bought a lot of games the last weeks while I was in the US. The EURO / Dollar conversion makes the Dollar look like monopoly money these days.
I got 8 games for $160 US which is around 14 EUR per game (and those were good recent games not old shit)…

Torchlight
Brütal Legend
MW2
Dragon Age
Forza 3
Pro Evo Soccer 2010
Arkham Asylum

Of which i have played all but Dragon Age, as i got that the same day as MW2. I have completed the Brütal Legend, MW2 and Arkham Asylum campaigns, still doing some achievements and looking forward to spending many, many hours in the wonderful MW2 multiplayer.

Think that’s all