Games Journalism 2017: Gaming news in a post-truth world

Formerly at Wired.

Awesome, Love Chris Kohler.

She did not want to cast spells at first, so she tried a fighter and then a thief.

Ah, I missed that. When did Kohler leave Wired? And what had he done since then?

Anyway, good hire by Kotaku.

Wired just shut down their game coverage a few weeks ago.

What was the Wired gaming coverage like anyways?

Pretty much Kohler writing a column about whatever he felt like, from what I remember.

They still write about games. It appears it’s all pretty much under one writer now - Julie Muncy.

https://www.wired.com/category/culture/gamelife/

Oh, here’s some real journalism!

Wow… that’s … something, all right.

I don’t know why I kept scrolling through that list. That girl needs Jesus.

Would have been more fun in a Bang/Marry/Kill format IMO.

Also, lol. Remember when Polygon was going to Change Games Journalism with Serious People writing Serious Articles?

Good times, good times.

Oh my god. So I got linked to Gies’ Andromeda review, and it has the best intro ever. EVER.

I really like Mass Effect: Andromeda, but I don’t know that you will.

Ooh, tell me more!

Hahahahaha! That’s amazing.

Woo hoo!

“You still navigate the galaxy via a (visually stunning) virtual map on the deck of your ship, the Tempest, and each system will likely have half a dozen or so planets in addition to whatever objective you’re looking for.”

awwwwww yissssssss

(ctrl+f “epic” - not found)

Aww, I was hoping to run the table with this one.

Yeah, I actually came in here, link ctrl-c’d in hand, to post that.

It isn’t even really that funny. There are some funny parts, but overall meh.

Wish MAE had Volus, Hanar and Elcor. Everything looks too samey (bipidal, TMNT hands) in this galaxy.

Gies is a terrible writer, and he’s also a coward. He wrote an extremely negative review of Star Fox on WiiU that they refused to score or submit to Metacritic, presumably to avoid damaging their relationship with Nintendo.

I don’t know if images of Twitter snark is great journalism, but the venue is pretty dire looking.