Games Journalism 2017: Gaming news in a post-truth world

Fixed that for you.

Also, really nice of Polygon to replace the embedded tweets with images of tweets, with the names of the devs blurred out, for their privacy… on a public social media service that they posted publicly on.

That Polygon article is such a fucking non-article it is hilarious.

We don’t actually have a ongoing subject for regular video game news… right?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/videogame-add-ons-billion-dollar-business-and-two-edged-sword-1492599601

Just for the headline.

No. It will not.

Headlines to articles like that are exactly why I’ve not read Polygon in ages. That example is so stupid it made my head hurt to read it.

Rule of thumb: if the headline asks a question, the answer is no.

I must be so old, for WW2 to still feel modern to me.

Polygon. Polygon never changes.

I post this here. No reason.

I don’t look forward for another WWII game, I am still tired of when 4 of every 3 videogames where about WWII

Alternate reality WW2 games could be fun, like the Wolfenstein reboot which was awesome.

The next Call of Duty should play out like a regular WWII story, but the typical setbacks and challenges suffered by the protagonist, an American, never turn around in some heroic moment at the end. Plot twist, turns out this CoD is a prequel to The Man in the High Castle.

I’m waiting for the next COD to show the fire bombing of Dresden, maybe they could do two versions of each mission, or even three, show it from the point of view of a pilot at 10.000 feet dropping the fire bombs, a civilian trying to escape the fire (only to be sucked back in), or a wehrmacht soldier trying to either shoot down the planes with AA or as a fighter pilot.

Even better would be if the game would ‘record’ your playthrough as Player 1, and when you’re fighting from the alternative point of view, it would replay the playthrough with some added AI to account for your new actions when fighting against your recording.

Ha, always true.

It’s more and more difficult these days to tell what’s intentional satire.

Band of Brothers was the Band of Brothers of this generation.

That came out less than 20 years ago.

Oh, 16 years ago.

Shit, now I feel old.

You are old. Can you even nae nae?

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

I can macarena… that is still cool right?

It was never cool.

Yes, to be clear, I could do the Macarena in the summer of '96, and that’s pretty much a stamp of death, re: coolness

Hey, it’s cool when your sixth grade teacher would occasionally close the blinds and let the class do the dance on our desks.

I mean that was cool to 12 year old me, so I mean…

It was a staple of our 6th grade dance! So cool.