Games Journalism 2018: We're taking it back!

BECAUSE OF THE DEAD, STARING EYES

It’s basically just lube, I doubt it has a soul.

He’s pretty cute until he tries to rip your face off. It’s like a giant balloon!

What in the hell is that? Some kind of fat bat with a platypus tail? A fatbatplat?

That’s Paolumu. I like to think of him as balloon bat myself because that’s just more fun.

Reminds me of this guy:

That’s an elephant-squirrel-mosquito-rat. An elesquat. Man, I’ve missed my calling.

Remember this guy?

He’s annoying to fight, always trying to fly out of reach. So I try to make its meaningless death as painful as possible by letting Odogaron shred him before finally giving him my permission to die.

tumblr_p5pld3KUia1t62rgpo4_1280

That’s a blast from the past. That book must be 30 years old now.

In the Hitman series, every single target is a scumbag of some kind. Basically, you’re assassinating unsuspecting people in cold blood, so they make up for it with that. It makes it all the stranger that 47 is supposed to be an amoral assassin who’ll shoot anyone for money, but never actually kills anyone who doesn’t deserve it.

Funny how that works out, huh.

Thats pretty darn cool.

That’s pretty adorable, almost like the real thing.

Flauschige Ballonfledermaus.

Closer to 40! My son has some modern National Geographic books about space, and sadly they do not include pictures of made-up aliens.

My neighbors had this book and I absolutely loved it. Great stuff!

Some games go beyond that. Every soldier/scientist belonging to the “evil company/alliance” in Prototype sounds like a supergrim Disney villain. Seriously, you’ll see lowly guards talking about burning babies alive or something of the sort… just so Alex Mercer doesn’t look so bad. Of course, Alex Mercer will eat/consume random innocent people everywhere, but hey, he’s fighting the bad guys, and that’s just collateral damage. The sequel manages to somehow make it even worse. Fun games to play, though.

Very nice. Same basic desktop layout, but much easier on the eyes.

Downer article about a studio I really like, Telltale.