Games Journalism 2018: We're taking it back!

They need new comfort pillows. With Wolfenstein, the Last of Us and Assassins Creed Odyssey all assaulting those fragile sensibilities, they just don’t know what to do. There’s potential for non-heterosexual males everywhere they turn!

You forgot BF5. That one really got to those manbabies.

Yeah I had no idea Battlefield was this great historical text that will be used to understand war long after we are all dust, until now.

What’s the term for Manbabies of the opposite sex?

Nothing. And shame on you for thinking about disparaging women.

When women dominate the world, and what men get is the exception and becomes rare, I’ll let you know.

Yeah, man, no criticism of women allowed until they reach world domination.

Well the unique thing about Man-child is I believe the term was actually created by a man, not a woman. It’s a book you see. Manbaby is just a off-shoot of that. It’s not some sort of woman conspiracy label although I am sure somewhere on Reddit they argue it is and all spit out every anti-woman slur they can think of trying too come up with an equivalency.

So is that sex-appropriation if a woman uses the term?

I’m sure this is not a serious questions so why bother asking? I didn’t create the term, nor am I really using it. I am just pointing out this isn’t some 2018 term ladies created just to dig at gamers who maybe don’t like diversity in their games.

There’s nothing serious about any of it, which I think is the point. I think the term is a hoot.

I think even Reddit had to shut down some of these arguments. I’d say there are a fair amount of people taking it all pretty seriously.

Every time I see it, it’s being used by some man trying to set himself apart from all those losers and show that he’s one of the good ones. Ultimately it says more about the speaker than the strawmen he’s scolding.

What, you don’t know men who are childish assholes that cry a lot about how unfair life is?

Man, there’s a hell of a lot of strawmen walking and talking

https://twitter.com/hashtag/notmybattlefield?lang=en

No, and I wouldn’t spend time with anyone that lame. Have some damn self-respect.

Me neither. That’s why I never watch anything on Fox News. Sadly, the president sometimes appears other places.

Writers use “man babies” because typing out

"The classic ideal of masculinity is one of a strong, self confident man who is perfectly comfortable with others enjoying the same freedoms and privileges in society as himself. Men who take time to complain about women making modest gains in society or worse attack them have been regarded as cowardly and dishonourable in the western tradition for centuries. They come across as children, weak and not fully developed human beings. We excuse this in children but not in adults. These boys in mens bodies are to be mocked for their weakness and lack of masculinity by the adult men in the tribe or social group. "

Takes too long to type each time.

Holy cow, well said my man.

I confess have been binge watching Bourdain. It probably shows. :)