Games Journalism 2022 - NFT, blockchain, crypto ledes!

Gamers Nexus takes apart Artesian Builds’ crash and burn.

Thanks for sharing that. It’s been a while since I watched Gamers Nexus, but they do good work.

I always love @ArmandoPenblade ’s videos

Hahaha

Lots of fun stuff in there from multiple angles

But I was led to believe this was the future of gaming…

Mike Fahey of Kotaku has died.

Whoa!

Awful news…

fuck

That’s so sad. He was such a joyful voice.

His family’s GoFundMe, established earlier this year when his health problems got worse: Fahey Family Fund, organized by Eugene Basil Abbott

What does it say about a business and job that your family needs a go fund me to pay for medical expenses.

It says less about a job than the country you live in.

Kotaku’s Mike Fahd has died (sorry didn’t see @Telefrog posted it already)

This sucks. I enjoyed his frivolous Kotaku articles on snacks and toys for years and recently contacted him trying to convince him to cover the Intellivision Amico fraud.

I think he was an ex smoker but can’t help wonder if eating the unhealthy snacks also took their toll.

Some remembrances. Remembering Mike Fahey Of Kotaku, Who Passed Away At 49

We’ve got a whole new Verge for you today. Radically new. Sometimes you just have to blow things up and start over.

Visually, it reminds me of Bloomberg and Dropbox. Also makes me think Nilay and John Gruber have been talking a lot.

We can just post the tweets if they’re important, add the relevant context, and move on. That means we’ll get back hours upon hours of time to do more original reporting, deeper reviews, and even more incisive analyses

I hope so! Most of my Verge reading has been the long reviews, videos, and occasionally googling [topic the verge] to see if they said something. I would benefit if they lose a bunch of work on content I don’t read in order to make more of that.

Reiner has been with the magazine for nearly 30 years and in the past two years served as its editor-in-chief.

Wow, not many games magazines have been around since the early 90s.

The new design is garish and neon filled like Input Magazine, The Outline and some other hideous sites I stopped visiting

This is a shame. I enjoyed a number of Fanbyte’s long-form pieces.

I know Kotaku likes to be outraged at everything, but getting upset that layoffs are “without warning” is a bit much.

The reason why you do layoffs without warning is to prevent the very thing that actually happened.