Games that need sequels

Most were already mentioned but they deserve another nod.

Tie Fighter 2
A Planescape game (although not with TNO as the main char)
Ultima 7
Strike Commander
Bioforge
Anachronox
Privateer

Man, this is a pet peeve. Not singling you out, because you didn’t start the trend, but you’re the one who most recently used the word.

If you’re pirating an old SNES or 2600 game, or an Atari or Commodore cartridge, or a C64 or Apple II BIOS, it’s a ROM. But I see references to “Amiga ROMs,” to “Commodore ROMs” which are actually 1541 disk images, etc. [color=red]They aren’t ROMs!!![/color] ROM should not become a universal term for “old software for an emulator.”

Man, this is a pet peeve. Not singling you out, because you didn’t start the trend, but you’re the one who most recently used the word.

If you’re pirating an old SNES or 2600 game, or an Atari or Commodore cartridge, or a C64 or Apple II BIOS, it’s a ROM. But I see references to “Amiga ROMs,” to “Commodore ROMs” which are actually 1541 disk images, etc. [color=red]They aren’t ROMs!!![/color] ROM should not become a universal term for “old software for an emulator.”[/quote]

Do you have a problem with this*:

[size=2]*I think this is even one of the two issues I have[/size]

On the page where I downloaded it, it was called a ROM. I plead ignorance since I only scored 17% on the geek test.

I don’t mean to rain on Peter’s parade, but there was a sequel to speedball.

Mutant League games - You know they were fun. Now imagine it with today’s tech.

System Shock - The second ending begged for a sequel.

Syndicate - Now with multiplayer action. Hell, I would like to see this become an MMOFPS or MMORTS.

Top Gear 3000 - For some reason Top Gear 3000 for the SNES was hated upon by some of the fanboys because it was ‘dumb and sci-fi’, unlike the previous versions. It wasn’t totally sci-fi like F-Zero or Wipeout, but the blend was nice.

Anything Warhammer - Too bad the greedy folks at Gamesworkshop who overprice their merchandise (you need to spend at least 300 dollars just to compete ‘normally’) won’t make their miniature games onto PC.

Fallout - Nuff said

Freedom Force - If the first one had better multiplayer support, I wouldn’t be asking for a sequel.

Tribes - Just like the damn game, didn’t care about the 30580 patches or bugs.

Elite - What more can I say?

Colony Wars - One of the greatest action sci-fi games

Mutant League games - You know they were fun. Now imagine it with today’s tech.

System Shock - The second ending begged for a sequel.

Syndicate - Now with multiplayer action. Hell, I would like to see this become an MMOFPS or MMORTS.

Top Gear 3000 - For some reason Top Gear 3000 for the SNES was hated upon by some of the fanboys because it was ‘dumb and sci-fi’, unlike the previous versions. It wasn’t totally sci-fi like F-Zero or Wipeout, but the blend was nice.

Anything Warhammer - Too bad the greedy folks at Gamesworkshop who overprice their merchandise (you need to spend at least 300 dollars just to compete ‘normally’) won’t make their miniature games onto PC.

Fallout - Nuff said

Freedom Force - If the first one had better multiplayer support, I wouldn’t be asking for a sequel.

Tribes - Just like the damn game, didn’t care about the 30580 patches or bugs.

Elite - What more can I say?

Colony Wars - One of the greatest action sci-fi games

I believe a multiplayer Elite game is in the works. :)

Peter

Peter[/quote]

What’s this now? I haven’t see any announcements or anything.

Peter[/quote]

What’s this now? I haven’t see any announcements or anything.[/quote]

It was announced quite a while ago. David Braben’s company (Frontier Developments) is doing it, I think.

Peter