Games with chill out bar scenes between missions

I feel like I spent a lot of time hanging around the Hound Pits Pub in between missions in Dishonored.

Crusader: No Remorse comes to mind. It’s been ages but I think the resistance staged their operations in a secret diner where you could interact with other characters via cheesy FMV.

Man, I never played those games, but I love their subtitles.

I don’t know if it would count as a scene, but the old Microprose games like F-19 I think would show an officers club screen in between missions.

Bladestorm: NIghtmare, Privateer 2, and The Last Story come to mind.

Dishonored has a bar/diner location in the rebel safe house location you return to between missions.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadows of Chernobyl has a bar location in the main “Get out of here stalker!” town hub you often return to in-between zone excursions.

The Witcher 3 has a tavern/cabaret club the main quest and many side quests route you through.

Those silly Yakuza games have shot bars with real world whisky and other drinks you can order. The first game’s hideout is a bar location.

Fucking Crusader: No Remorse. What a weird name for a game. What a memorable character, like a red storm trooper. What a violent game. I can still hear the screams of immolated scientists. And the sound the robotic spiders made.

As for bars in games:

The Flaming Man in Planetscape: Torment

The one with the blues singer in Fallout 4.

The saloon with the red cowboys in Armarillo in RDR.

I shall dare the Wrath of Rubin and invoke Privateer 2: The Darkening. Why settle for generic sci-fi bars, or generic adventurer bars, or generic military bars, when you can have bars of crazed Brit sci-fi 90s psycho weirdness?

and

Wizardry: Tale of the Forsaken Land had a bar you would go to pick up side quests and meet characters when you weren’t in the dungeon.

What the fuck did I just watch? John Hurt and Clive Owen did video game FMV work?

Yes, and they provided a great contrast to the wilderness you’d just trekked through. Each inn was an oasis, assuming someone there wasn’t trying to kill you.

I still remember a ferocious melee in the Helm and Cloak that I re-loaded a ridiculous number of times, so that none of the friendly party that would stand with you against some bad guys died in the subsequent fight.

No bartender but I really miss the inn ambiance music from WoW.

At 4:23 mark

And this at 12:00 mark

Starcraft 2, kind of.

The Cooper Coronet from Baldur’s Gate II is like the main traven/early quest hub/NPC hangout. 5+ quests at least come out of there include IIRC two stronghold quest chains. Also a handful of joinable NPCs gather there.

Ah Trade Wars! I burned many hours on that when I was a youngin’!

Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance

Has anyone said Populous yet?

I wonder if we have enough peeps to run a game of that around here.

Dragon Age
Baldurs Gate

Doesn’t one of the Mass Effect games have a bar?

And Baldurs Gate:Dark Alliance. I used to co-play that with my daughter. Playstation 2?