Games with Daily Challenges?

Hahaha it’s not that bad yet. I’ve been trying the games on the list that I own and many of the challenges are just too long for me to do each day. BRS is perfect because it’s like, 4 minutes tops to do three laps on the daily tracks. Desktop Dungeon is also looking to be a serious contender. I tried PvZ and it just took too long. Like 20 minutes to do one of the two challenges.

OnRush, but it’s only on consoles & not been released for PC- and possibly never will, unless EA decides to after their Codemasters acquisition

Boooooo oh man OnRush looks like my JAM. Boooooo.

I’d add Infested Planet!

Getting out of bed.

Trials of Fire has daily challenges!

Fun game that bombed spectacularly, unfortunately.

Ohhh another reason to buy Trials of Fire.

OnRush bombed? Dangit, it’ll likely never come to PC then.

Yes… spectacularly. As in it was tough to find online matches when it came out, until it was made free with PS+ four months after release. Not a typo.

They made this a bit hard to find, but I did, under Tournaments if anyone is curious. I just did two of them and they were REALLY fun. Maybe what I really need are racing games with daily challenges. ;)

It’s so worth it! Especially considering the $16 price tag. I catch myself picturing real life actions having Willpower(the primary currency in the game used to play cards during battle, mostly gained by discarding other cards from your hand) costs and the lines of reality begin to blur. On second thought, I probably should back off the game for a bit.

I’ll definitely get it on sale!

A few more games I found in my research that I plan to try:

• Art of Rally
  • Overcrowd
  • Evergarden
  • Breakneck
  • Just Get Through
  • Trackmania Canyon
  • Garfield Cart

Apparently Descenders also has daily challenges!

I hate this fomo shit first introduced by mobile and mmo games

What does this have to do with fomo?

Incentive to log in every day.

I don’t think they’re the same thing at all. I also dislike MMO/F2P-style daily quests/rewards, but enjoy the sorts of daily challenges discussed in this thread.

The relationship I want with games is to spend time doing an activity that I find enjoyable or rewarding. Daily login rewards subvert that by making it about collecting doodads by logging in or doing some dull repeatable task, even worse when they’re set up around streaks to make you anxious to avoid missing a day. They’re a way to cover up for gameplay that isn’t engaging enough to keep you coming back for its own sake.

But daily challenges are fundamentally about playing the game. They just take the existing mechanics and add a shared mutator/random seed and a leaderboard.

Yes exactly this. Thank you.