Games you'd like to see on the PSP

The Stab Kevin Pereira in the Neck with a Knife FPS

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004

Super Extreme World of Warcraft II: Deluxe Championship Edition!

Viewtiful Joe

Eh, if I can play Monkey Ball with one stick, I think they can adapt Katamari Damancy to work with one. It would be a bit different, but fundamentally the same game. With WiFi multiplayer!

I’d love to see a game that’s an updated version of Herzog Zwei, with up to 4-player multi (even over the 'net!). That game brilliantly combined action gameplay where you control a single unit with RTS strategy, plus the play sessions were relatively short. I don’t want them to ruin it with a big complex 3D battlefield or anything…keep the top-down 2D gameplay and maybe just use 3D units for smoother animation.

It’s a simple enough game that they could periodically release new maps and maybe even a unit or two online, and they wouldn’t hog up a lot of memory stick space. Hell, even throw in a level editor and let people send each other levels direct from one PSP to another or upload them to the web.

True enough. Thinking back I didn’t do the fancy spin maneuver a whole lot so you could play it like Monkey Ball. Is multiplayer that compelling? For Katamari Damacy I mean?
You know what they couldn’t port? Fight Night. Gotta have two sticks for that one.

Also I want Sid Meier’s Pirates for the PSP.

Getting Sid Meier’s Pirates ported to the PSP or DS as a launch title would have gotten a lot of “on the fence” 27 to 40-year olds buying units on the first day.

Yeah!

Railroad Tycoon 4

Come on Phil!

I think you could make Katamari work on a PSP. It’s also pretty appropriate.

You all know Katamari Demarcy is supposed to be coming out to the DS right?

Yeah, someone mentioned it earlier in the thread.

Pirates.

Cosmic Balance.

Autoduel.

Then again, I want an updated Autoduel on any platform.

Sid Meier’s Alpha Centauri. Also, Dawn of War. Plus another vote for Sacrifice.

BTW, there is an open-ended pirates game coming out for a handheld system*. It’s called High Seize.

-Tom

• But it’s Nokia’s N-Gage.

I would have gone with Rape Pier.

Steel Battalion, Virtual On and House of the Dead.

Galactic Civilizations II

Or, in fact, any wireless multiplayer big mech kicking ass and taking names game.

Also: MULE or a MULE-like game. And a Super Smash Brothers type game. (Powerstone? C’mon, Sega!)

How about somebody porting Zork I, Zork II, and Zork II?

Sega didn’t make Power Stone. It’s a Capcom game.

–Dave