Games you're constantly going back to/ game addiction

I just started my fifth game of Alpha Protocol. Something about it is just so much fun to me.

King of Dragon Pass is a game I play at least once a year.

Good lord, how do you ever find the time to play new games? Or eat?

Well I think Dragon Age: Origins was the last new AAA game I played, so I guess you could say I don’t.

I’m addicted to The Binding of Isaac. Not sure why, I already have platinum god.

Just for the hell of it, behold 8-bit cassette era!

Sadly I threw quite a lot of these away, but I preserved a few iconic titles :)

gorram dem be awesome! please poast moar! open a new thread titled “game box covers that are too awesome to exist” and go nuts!

(also slowly weening myself from tanks)

If I’m honest I rarely replay games that I’ve finished. The only thing recently that comes to mind is Arkham Asylum which I started again after getting tired with Arkham City. And maybe Europa Universalis 2, too. I do keep retrying unfinished games such as Dungeons of Dredmor pretty regularly, though.

I’m replaying Dragon Quest 8. It’s such a polished, warm and fun game. After putting 50 hours in an Oblivion replay this is like a breath of fresh air.

Bioshock 1 and 2 , I think I’ve played them both at least 6 times now, its just something about that setting under the sea. :)

How have I never heard of Knights of Honor. Looks fantastic! Going to pick it up when I get home tonight.

What’s this about a no-intro fix? What is wrong with the intro?

You can buy Knights of Honor from GamersGate or Steam for a tad less than ten bucks.

The introduction is horrible. Watch it once (if you can) and I’d bet you will never want to see it again. You can download the No Intro Fix here or here.

I joined Qt3 8 years ago… today! And with Rainman-like engineering, I have made this post 5000.

I will celebrate with images from:

The cassette era!

The CD era!

The DVD era!

… and the internet era!

30 years of gaming. Goodness me.

Alistair

Wow, that is quite the collection. I like how the icons from the previous eras are big and kind of mismatched when you try to fit them together. Whereas the digital era icons are mostly tiny and form more of a regular grid. Kind of a reflection of the times.

You’re also reminding me to go back and play Zork, now that the anthology is on GOG. Open mailbox!

Also, happy forum-birthday :)

(double post)

That picture wall bring back so many memories. Even though we seem to have slightly different taste in gaming, I own several titles in all your “categories”. I can almost physically recall the feeling of holding some of the boxes in your pictures.

Thanks for the nostalgia moment.

You missed the floppy disk era!

Pictures of ziplock baggies!

Yeah, how’d you go from cassette to CD era?

Anyway, nice collection and Happy Qt3day

I’m not sure the UK ever had a floppies in baggies stage - I think at the time the PC was emerging in the US, the UK was still into 16 bit machines like the Amiga and Atari ST. I must have a had a 5 year break from gaming as a student then, as I moved away from a house with a tv and before I could afford a PC with a monitor :)