Games you're thankful for (Thanksgiving thread - No negativity allowed)

I’m most of all thankful for my mother, who gave me a Gameboy when I was just a little kid, and who never made me think that girls shouldn’t play video games.

The same goes for my cousins and male friends that let me play with them throughout my entire childhood.
Especially two childhood friends who really opened up the gaming world for me: one of who I spent hours and hours and hours playing Gabriel Knight 2: The Beast Within, Doom and some kind of dungeon fantasy game I can’t remember the name of, and the other who I spent an entire night playing Golden Eye, Leisure Suit Larry and GTA 1.

I’m thankful for The Sims and all the waking hours I spent killing people in various ways in my teens.

I’m thankful for the break I took from gaming when I thought I couldn’t enjoy it anymore.

I’m grateful for my sisters boyfriend who convinced a reluctant me to try Diablo III one weekend I spent with them, that started up my love for gaming again after a long break.

I’m enormously thankful for my friends who all pitched in and gave me a PS4 for my 30th birthday last year.

I’m thankful for my friend who suggested I try The Witcher 3 that just totally blew me away, which also led me to QT3 because I desperately googled “What to play after Witcher 3”.

I’m thankful for a rather awkward one night stand I had some time ago with a guy that I’d rather have as a friend, who showed me Dragon Age: Inquisition the day after, a game that I spent a pretty depressed period of my life with. It just kept me happy and in love when I didn’t have much else to be happy or excited about.

I’m thankful for another friend who lent me his old XBOX 360 when my PS4 broke down and 14 different games, and among them: the Mass Effect trilogy that both mended and broke my heart and took my love for games to an even higher level (plus showed me that I didn’t hate games in outer space after all).

I’m thankful that my sister grew up to love games just like me and that she convinced me to play Borderlands 2 online with her and it is just so much more fun than I imagined.

Wow. This actually made my day. Thanks for making me remember all the good stuff! I mean, I’m pretty much always thankful and happy when it comes to games, but it’s good to really think about how great it is from time to time =)