Games you're thankful for (Thanksgiving thread - No negativity allowed)

I am thankful for Warhammer 2. The strategy and tactics are there – but the spectacle? Unbelievable. And yes just get all the dlc. Worth every penny.

I don’t own them yet, but I am thankful that I can look forward to playing Battletech and Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

I’m thankful for Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey. I’ve owned all the prequels, this is the first one that I’ve actually played. It really has a beautiful mix of exploration, tight combat and lots of things to do. I’m really surprised at how much it grabbed me.

You own ALL the earlier games and played none of them? All… ten?

It’s like the Templar threat means nothing to you.

What’s a Templar? I’m only 5 hours in.

I am thankful for Demon’s Souls for being a successful game in spite of not being a spoon-fed hand-holding focus-tested big publisher-loved AAA game. (Everyone at the decision making level at SCEA thought it was impossible non-viable garbage)

Because it also gave us Dark Souls.

Yes! Me, too! When can we expect it?

Right now, I am very thankful for EF2000. I had played a bit of Total Air War in my young days, which probably gave me some of my favourite flying moments alongside X-Plane 5, and I would never have thought of giving EF2000 a try if @BrianRubin hadn’t talked about how great the game’s strategy guide was. I ordered it, figuring it would give me some nice reading. Then somehow I got into playing the game as well, which proved a bit tricky, if not for some (probably unwilling ;) help from @scharmers.
Now I have been playing and reading about it for over a week, and it recently has begun to give me a sense of escape I hadn’t experienced in a long time. Getting familiarized with the equipment and the plane is really an incredible experience, one that I’d argue is even better than Total Air War’s in some respect, because that game’s allmighty AWACS mode, while amazing, also gave you a sense of detachment that is absent here.
In the tricky times I am experiencing, EF2000 is giving me respite of an even better quality than the casual games I used to rely on. You’d have told me the game I needed was an involved flying sim a few weeks ago, I wouldn’t have believed you.
And to make @schurem choke: I am playing it with an Xbox360 pad, ha!
(I gave away my X52 HOTAS to a friend, and I am not the sort of person to take things back).

EF2000 YUSSSSSSSSSSS. I’m not sure any other game has balanced pilot game with plane sim so brilliantly.

No but serously, it warms my cold black heart to see you are getting out of that grand old lady of a sim what you need, xbox controller or not.

In that vein, I am thankful for Subnautica for showing me that gaming does not need to be all about grimdark mass murder of sentient beings but can be about curiosity and discovery just as engagingly.

The only thing they gave us was at the reveal, sometime in 2019.

I’m grateful for Return of the Obra Dinn, since it was an experience completely unlike anything else.

Also, 39 Days to Mars, because it was a lovely short experience I could play co-op with my daughter.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! So what are you thankful for this year?

I’m currently really thankful for Respawn’s Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order, a great gaming experience I’m really enjoying.

I’m really thankful for @tbaldree and his team for making Rebel Galaxy: Outlaw. It’s the Privateer spiritual sequel I always wanted. My progress in it is slow, since I only play it when I feel like switching out my controller for my joystick, so I only play about once a week. But I’m thrilled to explore a universe as a Freelancer again, trying to make a buck in some dangerous star systems.

I’m very thankful to our Dark Souls crew at Qt3 who are so helpful as we play through Dark Souls 3 together. Unfortunately, this year I was not able to make as much progress as the others, so I got left behind. But that’s okay! I had a good time for the shared experience we did have.

I’m also very thankful to our P&R posters for their informative posts and their jokes that help me keep me sane.

I’m grateful to @fire for running the secret Santa. I wish I could partake, but I don’t want my wife to find out I post on a forum about games, and gifts would be hard to explain.

I’m forgetting a lot, but I don’t have as much computer time I thought I did right now. Back to work!

Happy Turkey Day Eve @Rock8man and everyone! Even @Left_Empty ! ;)

I am grateful for Tom continuing with the video streaming three times a week, and for the fun and sometimes un-fun request Wednesday games we get to see. We finally saw HOB this year!

I am also grateful to Microsoft for getting Xbox Game Pass Ultimate into a cohesive and impressive rental service of sorts, at least on the PC side, where I have played well over a dozen games already for around $5 per month. The Outer Worlds has been great fun!

And thanks to everyone who participates in the video game screenshot guessing thread, so much fun and trolling and getting to see games I never even heard of.

Umm, also grateful for other stuff like Pixel games like (Noita and Carrion) @KristiGaines Pixels! And other stuff! But I am headed home soon, I might post more later.

Wait what?! Qt3 as a guilty pleasure? What puritanical nonsense is that?!

Anyway, I am thankful for you all for making this an awesome place. You all rock!

I am thankful for the modern VR combat flight Sims. Living the motherfucking dream baby!

Lastly I am thankful for my luck of the draw, being born in a rich, well educated western European country and not some godawful dystopian nightmare like pretty much the rest of the world.

I’m thankful for these forums: everytime I do the mistake of looking for info outside, I’m remembered what a happy, gentle and rare place this is.

I’m thankful for @Chappers’ Switch and inumerous GOTies, that helped keep me relatively sane in the worst time of my life.

I’m thankful to the fellow companions that stream on those nights where the loneliness enforced by this insane world is too much to bear.

I’m thankful to all the people I barely actually know (it started on the side of a thread, here!) yet are responsible for me opening back up to a whole pan of gaming I had neglected for over 30 years.

I’m thankful to DivOrSin 2 for being the single most demanding game I’ve played for… ever? It’s amazing. But is it exhausting too!

I like that we have a thread like this. Declaring our gratitude is a good way to purify the heart and soul. That said, I’m thankful to Qt3 for a couple of giveaways which I received from the Giveaway thread, you guys are pretty awesome there. I’m also thankful for the Ebooks Bargain thread because I picked up a few good Sci-fi I might not have discovered if it were not for that thread (I’m reading Hyperion now and it’s excellent!)

I’m thankful for the Search features especially just to catch up on movies and TVs discussion. I’m slow to watch these movies and TVs, so once I’ve done one, I’d Search for the show here and read some discussion and see myself nodding or shaking my head in agreement/disagreement (just the last two weeks I’ve finally watched Terminator Genisys and Aliens: Covenant)

I’m thankful for the hardware discussions thread - looking at you, GPU, monitor and Windows 10 threads. These discussions fulfilled my need to nerd out with like minded geek.

Happy holidays everyone!!

Well said!

I’m thankful for very old but still fun games! City of Heroes is back this year, I’ve been playing MTG:Shandalar, and I still fire up Master of Magic on a semi-regular basis.

Also I’m thankful for the QT3 Slack channel, both for good company and providing more opportunities to play games like Star Realms!

I am thankful for LK and Marq to help make Tom’s livestream great. They take votes, they let me ramble on about crazy stuff, and one of them is an actual Canadian who probably already had thanksgiving! (Go Raptors!)

I am thankful for Vinraith as well for his endless patience at our assuredly lay person questions about astronomy!

I am really thankful for this dell xps I bought a year ago on my office budget (don’t tell) that can still play Warhammer 2 mortal empires with turn times that barely let me take a pee.

Oh, I am also thankful for Jason McMallister’s (spelling probably wrong) streams because he plays EVERYTHING and so I know what I don’t like fast!

(Thanks Tom with your patience for chattiness --Have a Great Thanksgiving!)

This has been one of two game websites I frequent for years. So first, thanks @tomchick for starting this site and opening it up to meatheads like me. I don’t only learn from others about games. There are many people smarter than myself where I read about politics (but rarely comment). I also enjoy popping into threads where people are talking about their lives. Again, I don’t comment too much because people have generally said things better than I could have.

I want to both thank people for their acceptance and apologize for how many of my comments in game threads go like this…
1- Whooo, whooo! I got this new game. Having a blast.
2- Well,I still like it, but X is bugging me a bit.
3- I think maybe I’ve been playing it too much and I’m kinda tired of it. It doesn’t have staying power.
4- I need to take a break. Maybe I’ll get back to it.

Now there are some I can keep enthusiasm up the entire time, but I tend to do the above to some extent in many games. So, I don’t mean to be a downer in some threads and I am sorry.

So Happy Thanksgiving Qt3 people. You’re a good bunch.