GameTap Testers

Just thought some of you might be interested to know that they’re looking for beta testers for upcoming GameTap betas. Apparently the testers they choose get free accounts.

GameTap was pretty decent when it launched and I tried it out, and they’ve made quite a few improvements to the software and service. Not to mention that there are are lot more games on it now (like Ultimas 1-5). In fact, it might be worth checking out even if you don’t get into the beta. I have no affiliation with the company or service or anything. I just think it’s pretty cool and goes kind of unnoticed.

When you cancel, they make you call and listen to Operator Drone #324782 try to convince you not to cancel for 10 minutes while he “gets ready to cancel your account”. I HATE that.

UGH, that sucks.

My opinion is that any service that lets you SUBSCRIBE entirely online, should also let you CANCEL entirely online. You should never be able to sign up for something over the web and then have to call someone to cancel.

The password doesn’t work. I keep getting an error message saying it is case sensitive.