I have 1 Gig of RAM right now that’s pretty fast and I have the option to either add 2 512 Meg modules of fast RAM, or just go to a new 2 Gig matched set of normal speed RAM. Current RAM is Kingston HyperX 3500 (433MHz). If I go to 2 Gig, it would be 3200 (400 MHz).
So for games coming out etc, what would be best?
Stay with the matched set of two 512-Meg modules (1 Gig of RAM)?
Up it with another set two 512 Meg fast RAM?
Or just got to a two 1-Gig matched set of normal RAM for 2 Gig total?
Thanks for the help! :D
My current specs:
- OS: Win XP Home SP2
- Directx 9.0c
- Processor: AMD FX-53
- Motherboard: Asus A8V Deluxe rev1.2
- Bios Rev: Version 1007
- VIA 4-in-1 Version 4.51
- VIA SATA Raid version 2.20D
- Memory: 1 Gig Kingston 3500 (433MHz)
- Video Card: ATI Radeon X800 XT Platinum Cat 4.9
- Sound Card: SB Audigy 2 ZS (latest non-beta drivers)
- Pioneer DVD-RW Drive
- Samsung SATA 120 Gig, 7200 rpm, (Model ST316002 3AS - Drive C)
- Seagate SATA 160 Gig, 7200 rpm, (Model ST3160023A - Drive D)
- Seagate ATA-133 160 Gig, 7200 rpm, (Model ST3160023A - Drive E)
- Logitech MX510 Gaming Mouse
- Sound settings utilizing 5.1 speakers and EAX 3
- Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Surround System
- Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 2060u - 22”