Gaming chairs, whatcha recommend?

You ask, I deliver.

First, a mention about a “Grand Lottery Draw” promotion run on the Autonomous website. With my purchase, I got some tickets with which I could check online to see if I won anything. The contest opened at 10:00 PST today, and the claim window was 30 minutes. You can certainly guess how that went. We’re almost in 2021; you’d think marketers would anticipate a crushing wave on their servers and at least temporarily increase their bandwidth. Or scrap the stupid timed promos.
Anyways…

The ErgoChair 2 arrived this afternoon, about 48 hours after ordering. I don’t even get Amazon Prime deliveries that quickly. The box was almost 70 lbs, so I had to help the UPS guy carry it to my house. Luckily, the back pain which spurred this purchase had let up today, so I could do that.

The product was very well packaged. Lots of padding, and while the box was heavy, it was smaller than I expected. Good job on that, and (from my experience importing goods) I suspect that’s one of the reasons why this chair is so reasonably priced.

The assembly manual was misprinted. Only every second page. How the hell does that happen, and how do you not put a PDF on your website? I had to watch a YouTube video for assembly instruction. Assembly was relatively simple – pretty much as with every other chair ever – though the arm rests weren’t labeled L/R, so I had to remove and replace them when I was done because I had a 50:50 shot to get it right and I missed. One nice note is the hex wrench they include. Not a crappy allen key, but a nice T-driver. Made it much easier on the hands to tighten the bolts.

I had to watch another YouTube video to figure out all the levers, but I’m now sitting on a very comfy, supportive desk chair. My back feels great. I don’t know how long the cushion will hold up under my generous girth, but if I get two years out of it, I won’t complain, and it does have a 2-year warranty.

All in all, on Day 0 I’m happy with the experience.