Gaming chairs, whatcha recommend?

Off topic chair mat post consolidated below.

I mean if you’re ever working less and have free time and effort to spare, I might well be down to pay you to leverage your substantial home crafting skills! Looking good so far, man!

Its super easy to assemble, the only thing to cut is the edge guard, I am pretty sure anyone with two hands could make this. :)

You vastly overestimate my ability to order my hands!

That’s unlikely for me to say about you, but that’s just adorable.

I hadn’t seen that before, good stuff, and probably pretty true to life. :)

I bit the bullet last night an ordered a Herman Miller Aeron. Did use the 6 month 0% financing to ease the pain.

My father had one when I was a kid (still does in-fact, thing is nearly as good as when he bought it) and I loved the mesh.

I’ve been using a $60 IKEA chair for the last 5 years. It hasn’t been horrible, but I realized that I sit at my desk for 10 hours of work a day, and still PC game in my free time, so maybe it was time to just get something that would help me and hopefully last forever.

Really hard to stomach the cost, but it comes Friday and I’m excited.

The Ikea Millberget chair is a superb chair and at $69 it is ridiculously affordable, which is probably why it’s sold out often.

Excellent choice! Aerons last forever.

Friends don’t let friends buy gaming chairs.

For #500 I present my new anti-gaming chair.

That chair looks like it would lead to more naps than gaming.

:D

Forget the chair, you need a bigger mantelpiece! That’s an impressive collection…

If I were hazarding a guess, I’d say that’s probably why he described it as an anti-gaming chair.

Scholars will debate the matter in the centuries to come. Did Kadath mean anti gaming chair, or anti gaming chair.

Yes :)

Yeah, my pop collection has now outgrown display space. I don’t even buy many mysel, most are gifts from family and a significant chunk are from Reddit Secret Santa exchanges at redditgifts.com

You take them out of the box?! My kids taught me to leave them in. Not a clue why, I just followed suit.

It’s mixed. If I really like something I don’t care about it’s long term value. Some just sit in the box better tho.

Aeron came in today, and within 5 minutes I now realize how bad my old chair was for my posture. I knew it wasn’t good, but I didn’t realize how much I was leaning forward in the seat or leaning side-to-side due to immovable armrests.

Having something adjusted to fit my posture and my desk setup is remarkable. I feel stupid for not investing in this years ago.