Gaming chairs, whatcha recommend?

Excellent choice! Aerons last forever.

Friends don’t let friends buy gaming chairs.

For #500 I present my new anti-gaming chair.

That chair looks like it would lead to more naps than gaming.

:D

Forget the chair, you need a bigger mantelpiece! That’s an impressive collection…

If I were hazarding a guess, I’d say that’s probably why he described it as an anti-gaming chair.

Scholars will debate the matter in the centuries to come. Did Kadath mean anti gaming chair, or anti gaming chair.

Yes :)

Yeah, my pop collection has now outgrown display space. I don’t even buy many mysel, most are gifts from family and a significant chunk are from Reddit Secret Santa exchanges at redditgifts.com

You take them out of the box?! My kids taught me to leave them in. Not a clue why, I just followed suit.

It’s mixed. If I really like something I don’t care about it’s long term value. Some just sit in the box better tho.

Aeron came in today, and within 5 minutes I now realize how bad my old chair was for my posture. I knew it wasn’t good, but I didn’t realize how much I was leaning forward in the seat or leaning side-to-side due to immovable armrests.

Having something adjusted to fit my posture and my desk setup is remarkable. I feel stupid for not investing in this years ago.

I picked up a refurb steel case leap v2 from Crandall office furniture, since I was able to expense it to my company as a WFH supply. Replaced an old falling apart no name chair from Staples or Office Depot or something.

It’s been a couple weeks, and it seems pretty nice. I’m honestly not sure how much I care about the 4d armrests, but even having height adjustment is a significant improvement over my old chair. I do really like the adjustable lean, and the way the chair kind of shifts while leaning back instead of just tilting.

The refurb seems fine. All the fabric was replaced, as was the seat cushion. There was a little bit of broken plastic on the seat bottom, but not in a place that matters at all. Overall, I’m liking it a lot, but Im glad I didn’t have to pay for it.

After an insanely obnoxious series of phone calls, transfers, and emails to nowhere, I managed to talk to someone ostensibly in the Amazon Basics Warranty department who offered to let me do an exchange-return, as an exception, since I was more than 30 days out from my order. I pointed out that the item had a 1-year warranty. She read that and agreed that it did. And then again emphasized that they were being very nice letting me do an exchange outside of the 30-day window. I was tempted to understand if she understood the meaning of “1 year warranty,” but decided not to push my luck.

New one arrived yesterday and is setup. If it fails, I’ll get a refund and put it towards half the cost of the fuckin’ Floortex name brand model.

The warranty probably covers damage in a gravity-free environment only. They are being nice, really!

Consolidated my thread crapping off topic posts into just one. :)

POST 1

I had an hour today to get to working on this mini-project, got this far:

Gonna apply the edging tomorrow, might use some gorilla glue if needed for a more secure hold.

Ended up only needing 5 of the 6 pieces of flooring.
If the edge guard turns out to not be 90 degree friendly, I’ll just cut 4 strips for the sides.

POST 2

My floor mat project is almost done, it’s hard to find time as I am working 75 hr weeks again, taking care of the yard, and helping my mother with stuff at home.

Here is where I am, 2 edges secure and need trimming, the other 2 need putty and trimming because I suck at measuring correctly. :p

I picked up 3 packs of loctite putty to run in the channel of the strips and it adheres fantastic, while also allowing me to take the edge off if I ever need to repair/replace a slat of flooring. I still might put a dab of liquid cement just at the corners to prevent slow edge peel, that I am seeing. I hope to finish it this week.

I am pretty sure this thing is gonna last forever once I am done, and total out of pocket was under $70.

POST 3

TODAY:

Finally finished trimming and adhering the edging to the laminated wood flooring. Looks pretty damn good imho. And it is probably 4x stronger than any plastic floor mat.

@arrendek what do you think?

That looks awesome! Great work and now I have some diy instructions to go with the idea. Thanks!

Secret Lab has a new chair out for 2022.

That headline sounds like a stab

So I am dealing with some scoliosis and in need of a new chair to better support me while at the desk. Most of the “best” chairs for back problems I find are atrociously expensive, plus I have a cat which would destroy mesh and eats leather (fake or real) straight off chair seats so I need to aim for fabric.

Anyone have recommendations?