Gaming chairs, whatcha recommend?

Yeah. Mom’s a fitness instructor in a state with no lockdowns whatsoever and a bunch of maskless patrons she has to interact with daily. She didn’t feel safe having us over with how badly rates are spiking nationwide. I can tell she’s super disappointed about it, but yeah, we’ll hang out next summer or whenever vaccines are a thing again.

That sounds like a very stressful job this year…

Ok, just reporting back that putting a couch cushion on my regular cheap office chair as a solution is eventually really painful on my back. Oh my god, my back hurts so bad today. Sooooooooo much pain.

They make actual cushions for that you know. You can pick them up for like 20 dollars at Costco, pack of two… but you should just get a better chair.

@jpinard new chair yet?

Why can’t late January get here faster…cmon secret lab!

Not yet. Even trying to get my house clean and make my tv work with my pc from across the house. Steamlink no longer likes me :(

The date they give you is worst case scenario I think. I got mine a month before the date mentioned on their site.

Michigan-based but the showroom isn’t in Grand Rapids:

Canadian deal for Herman Miller Embody:

$1920-845 = $1075

I watched this Gamers Nexus “don’t buy a gaming chair” roundup the other day. Here’s the Reddit thread.

Awesome thanks for that.

You all want to laugh at me? Things got worse cause I want to flight sim better. My current setup cause I’m using speaker stands to hold my throttle/stick (the stands are too tall). I’m literally a tiny little kid in a big chair:

Is the tiny fan used to simulate the air flow , when you are in an open cockpit plane?

LOL this is one hell of a setup!

Still better content than 95% of /r/battlestations

(I might be jealous of all the dudes with sick setups and being mean to them unnecessarily, but that is delightful, Jeff. Don’t fall!)

Hahahaha! No, it actually helps me breathe a bit better by keeping fresher air crossing my face. A lot of CF’ers do this for sleeping as well. When you struggle with low O2 all the time every little bit helps. But now I want to try and fly with my cockpit canopy open and turn it on full blast for more immersion lol.

Man, what do Korean CF folks do?

Right, because of that goofy belief some Koreans have about having a fan going in a room while you sleep (spoiler: it’s FATAL).

I had no idea this belief was a thing. That’s kind of… sad.