Gaming chairs, whatcha recommend?

Brian, did your product influencer chair arrive yet? :P

Nope, I’ll let y’all know when it does.

I did a lot of research a few years ago and ended up getting a Steelcase Leap. It was quite expensive. Still the best chair purchase I’ve ever made. Specs are below. Now the bad news is the price is hundreds higher now than it was a couple years ago!

Upholstery Material
Fabric
Upholstery Color
Buzz2 - Black (5F17)
Frame and Base Color
Black (6205)
Arms
4-Way Adjustable Arms (height, width, pivot and depth)
Headrest
No Headrest
Wheels
Wheels for Carpet

Like I said years ago in this thread, a good desk chair is worth the money. Cheap Staples crap disintegrates after a year, and is uncomfortable the whole time. Quality task chairs last decades. I’m sitting in an Aeron I bought in 1997 right this very minute.

I will say that the leaps ability to adjust the recline on the fly, with no controls, and then be able to just stay where you want it, is kind of magic. It’s especially awesome because you can change positions all the time without ever fiddling with anything, and it really removes that ‘stuck in one position for too long’ problem that most chairs have.

Chair arrived today. Not sure Lizzie will let me open it though.

If you tell her she can sit in it, she’ll probably acquiesce. Or give her the box.

My new chair arrived. I replaced a racing style gaming chair with an ergo style office chair. So far I like it, a lot.

The biggest improvement is the seat and my hips. The racing chair had contours on the side of the bucket seat, and the seat bottom was either flat or tilted slightly back - like a car seat.

The ergo office seat is flat on the bottom, and can tilt down so my knees are slightly lower than my hips. It took a little getting used to but it’s now more comfortable for long sessions.

I went with an Ergo Human Luxury Leather / Mesh combo. The next step down, the Elite, would also be fine.

This video really helped me understand how to sit in my chair:

I am still using my 8 year old Ikea Markus office chair. It is just starting to wear so I will replace it with the same.

So the chair is here and after some snafus with a bolt that did not wanna go in, I got it assembled. It’s a beast of a thing compared to the Lazboy chair I’d been using.

I tried it with the two included pillows but they came off after an hour. Will chime in as I use it more.

I found a semi local place with used or reupholstered Leap V2 for between $250-$350, so after taxes I’ll be ordering from them.

Plus I’ve been working from home more, so am now sufficiently motivated.

Excited for you, that’s an awesome chair. After having sat in endless versions of crap office depot chairs, this thing is another universe.

Yeah I never understood the purpose of the support pillows, who’s back is shaped like that to need two of them?

It depends on the person and the seat I suppose. My wife uses a small pillow like that in my car due to the way the seats are shaped, due to injuring her tailbone a while back. It’s not for me though. I think I need to adjust it a bit more.

Quasimodo

Never thought I’d be excited about a chair, but I’ve put in a substantial amount of work from home in the past few months and I’m so ready.

My last chair was better than the prior one, but still just not good enough.

Wait until you experience the magic that is that auto adjusting recline.

@ArmandoPenblade and @BrianRubin , any chair updates?

Weighing the potential costs of a return. I’ve been fiddling with small adjustments to seat angle and arm positioning for the last couple of weeks, and no matter what, my shoulders end the day extremely tense and I’m getting tingling numbness up my forearms every night. Just can’t figure out how to get it at least as comfortable as my broken down old chair, much less make it feel like a $550 level improvement.

It’s possible that a new, higher desk with better space and arrangement of my keyboard, monitors, etc., would help, but our progress cleaning out the old guest room to convert into an office for me has ground to a halt again, so no telling when I’ll be able to get in there and resituate fully.