Gaming chairs, whatcha recommend?

I might give that a try, so tired of the plastic mats breaking after 2-3 years.

I guess I’m the outsider here but I don’t like the look of that glass at all. Different folks, I guess.

I would feel weird sitting on glass all day.

I would too…but is it objectively weirder than glazed tile?

Not really, but something about being clear puts me off. I’d be constantly worried about shattering it.

I have a tempered glass matt. If it shatters I’ll probably look at the laminate thing. I’m tired of replacing these things.

I thought laminate has tongue and groves, and they’re cutting that off around the end of it.

It does and they may be, but technically you wouldn’t need to.

What I was referring to originally was that for flooring you offset the boards by half (or following some pattern, like they do with 33% for tile) and so I was thinking about that offset. But since it’s just for a square for a chair pad you can just align them 100% and be done with it, I doubt you’d lose much strength.

I mean, if you planned to go more than one board length, which for the last laminate I handled was 4 ft or so, then you may not want to have a line of short edges lined up, that’d lose some strength.

For structure, no you wouldn’t, for looks many of the DIY videos do. Heck they even bring in molding or something to get it a frame so it looks finished.

I lost my clear look due to the nature of the carpet. The glass could slide, so I put a pad under it which you can see, but hey if I am not ripping apart heavy plastic that cuts skin like glass shards every handful of years because the plastic just starts cracking, I’ll be happy.

Making my own chair floor mat!

So I am gonna give this a shot, because I love DIY stuff that is simple.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Home-Decorators-Collection-Briar-Hill-Oak-12-mm-Thick-x-7-9-16-in-W-x-50-5-8-in-L-Water-Resistant-Laminate-Flooring-15-95-sq-ft-case-51149/308990846

Should make a 50"x45" mat. 12mm should provide great durability.

And then I am gonna wrap the edge with this heavy duty trim, that comes in a 25ft roll:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CJRI9M2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Comes out to just about $60.
Same price I paid for the plastic POS mat I am using that is cracked after 2 years.

POS mat cracking more each day for 4 months now.

Be sure to show us your battle injuries when you try to break the damn thing down and get it into a garbage can.

I will salvage as much as I can for mini waterproof floor mats using a jigsaw, for my house plants, to keep the rugs dry. :)

Can you talk a bit more about this? What’s different between the two, what that did to how you use your computer - how it affected your chair use?

Old desk was slightly shorter than the average desk, such that even at the lowest setting, the XL left me too high up, so my arms drooped very oddly. Moreover, said desk has a broad swooping concave curve along the front edge (the left and right sides are about 22" from front to back, but it’s more like 19" in the middle), so my keyboard sits kinda far back…but the low hanging keyboard tray sticks out past the edge of the desk in front, even when fully pushed back, and I’m so fat that it hits my stomach, making me sit further back away from the desk instead of being able to pull my chair up “into” the concave area, so the distance from the keyboard was extended even more.

New desk is a couple of inches taller and totally straight on all sides with no out-hanging trays or drawers, so I can just sit at it as ergonomics intended!

Post a pic of it all together? New desk, new chair, computer etc.

Can’t really give a better angle yet cuz the room still has a TON of garbage I mean beloved memories we’re working on getting rid of that closes in on me from every side while I’m in there :)

Managed a bit better

Looks great!

Good stuff! Let us see it when you finish please? As soon as I saw the DIY idea I’ve been wanting to do it, but my stupid plastic mat has been holding out ever since! :D

Nice setup. What mic stand are you using? I have the exact same Yeti mic as you (even the colour) but I just have a crappy stand, been thinking about getting a new one.

That looks like the Blue one that they sell (same brand as the mic). The rounding at the hinge suggests it at least.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/BlueCompass--blue-microphones-compass-boom-arm

@Becoming got it exactly. It’s actually a very lovely Secret Santa gift from @SadleyBradley <3