Gaming chairs, whatcha recommend?

I like mine too! And there is a reason companies concerned with WC claims go with chairs like these.

The only thing I miss from a recreation standpoint is a full back chair with a head rest.

Off topic chair mat post consolidated below.

Awesome, let us know how it holds up too please! :)

Official disrecommendation of the AmazonBasics take on heavy-duty polycarbonate. Rated for 500lbs, I’m well under that figure by 120+ lbs between me and chair combined, and just heard a loud pop – accompanied by a visible crack underneath my wheel – after just over a month of daily use. Ugh.

Is nope

I had never heard about those sort of mats. What is their purpose? Protecting the floor from the wheels? Dampening the sound of the rolling?
I’m using a regular carpet to protect my wooden floor. It’s adequate on both front… I think, I’m not quite sure actually!

Carpet protection, mostly. I’m a BIG boy and I wheel around at my computer desk 12-16 hours a day during Covid times being stuck at home, and the cheap high pile carpet in my condo was getting really fucked up in my old desk location before I started putting down mats. Unfortunately, the combination of the very uneven carpet surface and my substantial bulk being conveyed down onto the mat across five relatively small pressure points (the wheels) makes very short work of most thinner mats. They begin to dent, curl, and eventually shatter into surprisingly sharp shards within months. I bought this much more expensive, thicker variant to try and get more lifespan out of it, but alas.

I understand glass mats to be even more durable, but my greatest fear is that if a glass one proved not to be up to the unenviable task of supporting me, I’d have giant shards of, well, GLASS underfoot.

Ah, I’m lucky, in a way, in living in a very small lodging, and thus never having to use the rolling ability of my chair - it might be why my floor is relatively unmarked.

I’d never get any either, yikes :O

Props to Peak Design: Since their video, every time I see Amazon Basics I think of these two clowns!

& here is the video for those that haven’t seen it yet.

Glass does sound pretty awkward in that position. I’m also a chunky fellow and luckily the plastic mat under my chair has been stable for a few years now.

Off topic chair mat post consolidated below.

I mean if you’re ever working less and have free time and effort to spare, I might well be down to pay you to leverage your substantial home crafting skills! Looking good so far, man!

Its super easy to assemble, the only thing to cut is the edge guard, I am pretty sure anyone with two hands could make this. :)

You vastly overestimate my ability to order my hands!

That’s unlikely for me to say about you, but that’s just adorable.

I hadn’t seen that before, good stuff, and probably pretty true to life. :)

I bit the bullet last night an ordered a Herman Miller Aeron. Did use the 6 month 0% financing to ease the pain.

My father had one when I was a kid (still does in-fact, thing is nearly as good as when he bought it) and I loved the mesh.

I’ve been using a $60 IKEA chair for the last 5 years. It hasn’t been horrible, but I realized that I sit at my desk for 10 hours of work a day, and still PC game in my free time, so maybe it was time to just get something that would help me and hopefully last forever.

Really hard to stomach the cost, but it comes Friday and I’m excited.

The Ikea Millberget chair is a superb chair and at $69 it is ridiculously affordable, which is probably why it’s sold out often.

Excellent choice! Aerons last forever.

Friends don’t let friends buy gaming chairs.

For #500 I present my new anti-gaming chair.

That chair looks like it would lead to more naps than gaming.

:D