Gaming chairs, whatcha recommend?

Pretty sure my heart would explode if I got up to 500 pounds :-) I’ve been under 200 for the last 6 months or so.

It was very easy to remove on the Leap. I don’t own a Gesture, but after a quick googling it looks like removing the adjustable lumbar is a bit more involved since you need to remove the back of the chair first.

Also its not too late to reconsider and get this:

I’ve been using the Steelcase Gesture for almost 2 weeks. For the first week, give or take, I found it pretty comfy. I love the arm rests. For the last several days, the chair is causing discomfort in my thighs and legs kind of feel like they are falling asleep and my feel get a little cold.

Actually I think I’ve had the seat too high. I just read something that said the top of the seat should come just below the kneecaps when standing. Mine was higher because I was just eyeballing it to where I thought my thighs were parallel to the floor. I may have had the seat extended a little too far too. I was ready to return it because I was getting uncomfortable, but I think I’ll try it out with these new settings. I thought I had it correct, but I don’t think I did in retrospect.

I’m just over 6’1’‘, but I don’t think my legs are that long since I usually wear 34’’ length pants.

Don’t forget to stand up and take a walk at least once every 12 hours. 😀

34" inseam is long. I am 6’5 and that is my inseam.

At the office, I have the seat as high as it will go because that’s the ergonomic position for my arms at the desk. It’s a little too high for my legs, so I use an old seat cushion on the floor to elevate my feet. An adjustable desk would probably be a better solution, but this works fine for me.

You’ve probably done this but there are lots of ergonomic videos on YouTube. I have a poor setup at work as I hardly use my desk and I will have the same numb feet issue. At home where I sit way more playing games I never do because I believe my setup is perfect.

I found this video very good. Not your chair but as he says it can be used for any brand.

Thanks, that was useful. I think I had it pretty close, but I made some small adjustments based on the video.

Herman Miller is having a 20% off sale with another 5% code if anybody is on the fence.

I am at Design Quest right now testing the Aeron, the Embody, the X2 and X3 by XChair. Can’t decide because each has one major negative.

• Aeron doesn’t feel as “relaxing” to sit in vs. all the others. And my butt bone in certain positions cuts into my skin, but not always.

• Embody - since I have no fat in my body as I’ve been having trouble with my health, I can feel the plastic backing parts in my spine.

• X2 - the mesh is this weird stuff that kind of reminds me of lawn chairs. Slightly course. This is high end, but I’m concerned it’ll get worse over time.

• X3 - because the seat is padded the lumbar support is in an uncomfortable spot.

Positives:

• Aeron - amazing lumbar and ergonomic support.
  • Embody - very relaxing. Feels effortless to be in.
  • X2 - Relaxing and comfortable. Head rest.
  • X3 - wonderful on my butt as seat is cushioned.

Can anyone offer some advice? Or want to just tell me what to buy? Iv’e been here for 3 hours now sitting in them waiting for something to stand out.

Since your body and spine are different and problematic from mine, do whatever feels the most comfortable to you

Is there some buyers remorse period where you can return it if pain settles in for extended period that a showroom visit wouldn’t be obvious in?

@Gladguy @fishpockets are either if you really skinny? I’m trying out the Embody at the store and it feels so “hard”. My bones stick through my skin a bit and I feel it in that chair, but ironically the chair is so nice it feels like floating. Not sure I could ever get used to it.

If I get a normally stocked item I have 30 days. So Embody, Aeron, X2 would fit that.

But I wonder if “Logitech” Embody would be better due to extra butt padding.

@jpinard Nope. 225, probably more like 235 after yesterday. Still love the chair though for what it’s worth.

I found this on Reddit so take it what it’s worth. I have the Logitech Embody and love it but I’m 200 pounds

I’m 150 lbs and relatively skinny. I also spilled burrito on my Embody fabric.

No skinny butt here, either. I’m 260 on a good day, but would concur with ol’ fishpockets… best chair I’ve ever owned.