Gaming chairs, whatcha recommend?

Do you have the original or gel-infused one?

Original, and it’s held up.

Mine holds up okay, but I’m not convinced it is actually any more comfortable than just sitting on my aging chair. Almost like maybe I’m not sitting on it right (I know that sounds stupid, it is a cushion - but I feel like I don’t have it positioned far enough forward/back correctly with the whole contour stuff going on).

As far as original vs gel-infused, far as I can tell all the gel does (for this brand) is make it cooler - doesn’t impact comfort or support really. Mine is original as well.

I guess this is for gamers who want a realistic riding experience playing westerns?

Are those streamer bucket seats really the way?

Also I’m in need of a new desk stair. Home office + gaming. The one I have, the screws are literally breaking in half. One of the leg’s I had to tape to fasten it as all it’s bolts have snapped off. On top of this my wife is freaking out with the the 1 year old crawling all over the shop and thinks my chair will soon collapse on top of him any day now.

Budget is tight, and I need something fast. Quick search on Amazon.japans gave me this monstrosity

Really?

I have a friend who bought one years ago, still uses it. They are cheap, but they aren’t bad, if that makes sense.

I’ve always found good luck locally with lightly used office furniture. Craigslist landed me an Aeron and now a Steelcase Leap , both for $100 each. Worth searching your local sites.

I’m not sure what the yen conversion price is, but the chair itself looks remarkably like the Alienware (Dell) chair I got recently. It was on sale for like $80 off for $299.

Major improvement over an IKEA armless chair I’d been using for the last 20 years. And where the memory foam pad hits my back - best feeling I’ve had there ever, and I have another zero gravity back chair I paid 2k for a long time ago when I had cervical fusion (neck) surgery.

https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/alienware-s5000-gaming-chair/apd/ab790464/gaming-gaming-accessories

I have to admit, this whole gamer line of furniture from Ikea looks pretty cool.

I was reading that article and thought to myself “what’s ‘gaming’ about this stuff” then came upon this blurb:

It’s a little difficult to pin down what qualifies any of this as “gaming” furniture…

So, yeah, I guess in that way you can call anything that you are comfortable gaming sitting in or using during gaming as ‘gaming’ and that kind of makes it not ‘gaming’ but normal furniture that can be used while you do stuff.

Which is not ‘gaming’. Part of the ‘gaming’ moniker is the look and if you minus the look you just have furniture.

Not that I mind it. I’m not into ‘gaming’ furniture as a thing, despite owning a SecretLab chair that’s fantastic. Compete away, IKEA!

Well, from my grand total of two visits total to an Ikea in my life, their showroom is basically themed rooms. So you enter a young kids’ bedroom, then a older kids’ bedroom, then a bathroom, then a parents’ bedroom, etc. So basically their furniture showrooms are like examples of how and why and where you would use each piece of furniture, so I imagine these items would fit well in a gaming den type room they could setup in their Ikea warehouses. You’re right that this stuff wouldn’t stand out as gaming in a normal furniture store like Nebraska furniture mart where you arrange everything by type, like here’s all the chairs, here’s all the wardrobes, etc, but in an Ikea-like themed showrooms, it makes more sense.

Those casters don’t look like they’ll hold up for a gamer.

Yeah, exactly. I don’t hate the concept, but the execution looks pretty cheap & likely to break quickly. IMO it’d be much better if these were based on higher-quality & older designs that they already have, like the decades-old POÄNG armchair.