Gaming chairs, whatcha recommend?

Dude. Just get an aeron. They are awesome. Don’t be that guy (like me) who buys an aeron when he is 45 and realizes he sat on a pile of shit chair for the first 45 years of his life.
For anyone who sits in one > 4 hours a day, the price of an aeron (which seem indestructible) is negligible compared to the effect on your comfort.

Holy crap that’s expensive.

Steelcase task chairs are pretty great. Mine is aging and needs a new pneumatic “spring” for want of a better term, and maybe new padding under the upholstery, but I’ve been using upwards of 20 years and I love it.

Horrible name though. When I hear “Steelcase”, comfort isn’t the word that comes to mind. Not to mention a “task chair”.

I’ll second the steelcase endorsement. Back during the dot com bust when companies were offloading office stuff at pennies on the dollar I picked up a lot of them for work, and commandeered a couple for myself. Some 18 years later the ones I use are still going strong, and even the ones at work have almost all survived.

I keep thinking about some fancy gaming chair, hence my reading this thread, but it’s hard to beat a sturdy office chair.

Yup I bought a used Steelcase Leap for my gaming throne… worth it

I bought a Steelcase Gesture this year and it is awesome.

@YakAttack pointed this out in the chair thread on the Hardware forum, and it’s such an awesome deal - if you’re at all interested in the Leap, these prices can’t be beat.

I bought one for one of my sons for Xmas. I can’t believe I paid over 2x for mine a few years ago.

I got the Leap v2 chair but don’t think it’s anything special. You can’t really lean back far. I’m usually slouching in it. Meh.

This guys don’t ship out of state, FYI. apparently, I’m confused

They shipped to me in Oregon. No issue.

Huh, weird. I must be thinking of a different place.

Are these new or refurb? What do deep carpet legs do?

Ah these are open box and they are not authorized dealers

Based on reviews from Amazon, be careful when buying from Madison. They remove all the ‘Steelcase’ markings on the chairs, and thus they are not under the Steelcase warranty. (Granted, if these are open box, there probably wasn’t a warranty anyway).

I’ve only ordered one and for all intents and purposes it was new. The large clear bag covering the chair had a rip in it like someone checked the color and that was it.

The barrel that attaches the seat to the legs had never been attached.

Question for you, @Tman, is the back on the Leap height-adjustable? You pretty happy with yours? Because those open-box deals on that site are amazing.

Thanks for this info. I can’t even imagine spending hundreds on a chair, and then it doesn’t even back very far. I’d be devastated.

Any of these other chairs also not lean back very far? Like the Aeron chair from Herman Miller? Does anyone know if that one leans back?

No, the back is not height adjustable. It has seat depth, which slides the seat forward & back, back-firmness (how easy it is to lean back), seat height and the arms are what I would term infinitely adjustable with elbow height, and it even slides in/out both forward/back and side-side a good 3 inches so you can put the elbow pads where you want them.

Also, not sure where @YakAttack is coming from on the ability to lean backwards. This thing will allow you to lean back quite a ways provided you use the adjustment knob to allow it. I would put the ability to lean back about business class in an airplane.

Yeah my Leap V2 leans back tons, not sure if he didn’t figure out the controls? Any more and I’d be lying down…