Gaming industry recruiters distinctly unimpressed with you

etc. blah

/laf

You know, slick (translate that to presumptuous twit, Daniel, if the shoe fits), there’s an important difference between professionalism and a distinct lack thereof.

If you’ve done any hiring yourself, or had experience using agencies (from either direction), you should know that any reasonable person doesn’t expect success from every submission. On average, I expect 1 out of 100 to work out (reviewing resumes when I’m hiring, or submitting them when I’m not).

But to have results ranging from non-response (or chatroom-quality replies) to complete lack of understanding of the role they’re seeking to fill (even to the point of ignoring the job description provided by the client company to begin with) from an agency whose sole purpose is to work with job-seekers to help them find placement was pretty unexpected.

So, piss off.

You standard tech job placement agency is is filled with:

1. out-of-work deparment store TV salesmen
  2. ex-Montgomery Ward and Sears Home-Life employees
  3. Used car-salesman who have been blacklisted.

All the “reps” know are acronymns (XSLT,JSP,ASP, etc). The agencies are absolutey HATED by every manager who has to use them. Businesses usually just feel SCREWED by them. They do not listen to any requirements. They always try to place the wrong person in the wrong job. If they do “land” someone, it is from dumb-luck and nothing else.

Stay FAR away from them if possible.

How do they manage this? Not rip off customers?

[quote=“Jason_McCullough1”]

How do they manage this? Not rip off customers?[/quote]

Easy. They were inept at it. Plus they were caught smoking doobies behind the Pepsi machine.

How do they manage this? Not rip off customers?[/quote]

Easy. They were inept at it. Plus they were caught smoking doobies behind the Pepsi machine.[/quote]

I hope there was a snack machine there too, or it might get ugly.