Gaming mice that don't suck?

I’d try a corsair if you haven’t, seems to be built like a tank. Certainly cheap enough to try some of the lower ones.

Anyone ever used a mouse from Pwnage?

To me that name does NOT inspire confidence…

What?!..our elite team of stoners in El Monte isn’t good enough for you?

My Corsair is the only mouse I’ve owned where the mouse wheel failed first instead of getting the double-clicks.

I liked their ergo shape well enough, but I hated the holes and eventually the wireless was skipping and being weird. So probably not typical or something, but I didn’t get another one after that.

I think they do have a symmetrical one now without holes, so they may be a bit better if you like the shape. Aside from the interesting customization options they aren’t super special really.

It used to be no-questions-asked replacement but recently Logi support started making a lot of hoops to jump through. You had to submit video proof of your mouse failing some online tests before they would approve the RMA and I never got through it. I’m on my last G502 now and the last 3 have double-clicked within 12 months.

I’ve owned exactly one Corsair mouse, the Harpoon (I think it was called). Of all the computer mice I’ve owned since that first one that came with my Amiga A500 in the early 90s, the Harpoon failed the fastest. Doesn’t really instill confidence that I should get another Corsair-brand mouse. I want something with a middle mouse button and its single-click scroll wheel function that just doesn’t wear out (since that’s the first thing that goes on ALL of the mice I’ve owned with scroll-wheels). I suspect we won’t have this technology for another 20-30 years.

Anyone ever gone so far as to replace the feet/skates on their mouse? I’ve been on an fps game kick lately, so I was looking at the aim training community and stumbled across this thing of replacing the feet, and possibly grip strips on mice. I knew Razer sold their grip strips, but figured it was because the glue on their mice tends to give after a while, but I guess it is just a thing.

What kind of mouse pad do people like here? I currently have a razer strider. The skypad products look interesting, but those sure are expensive especially for the size.

Every Razer product with glue will fail. I won’t buy from them anymore.

Yep, Razer is dead to me also. :)

Perhaps you just have extremely sweaty hands?
I’ve been using DeathAdders for at least a decade and have never had the rubber give out on me.

I don’t think you will see much benefit. I’ve experimented with everything I thought could give me an edge back when I played Tribes: Ascend as a sniper (even absurd sens, ~35cm for a 360° turn) and the truth is that your brain and hand/eye coordination will do 99% of the work, pretty much regardless of the equipment or settings used.

Yeah, I figure there is so much more room for improvement with just working on the mechanics of my aiming, and finding the sens that feels most good and natural that would matter a lot more than things like skates or a skypad.

It’s just like playing a musical instrument. Familiarity and time spent/muscle memory is the primary driver. I had a pretty horrible keyboard for years, but I was really used to it. It was hell trying to make a change away from it, even though the other keyboards I tried were much “better”.

It’s sort of the same with everything in that regard, it’s like driving a new car vs driving a car that you’ve owned for 10 years.

The only caveat to all of that, is if you are bumping up against the ceiling of whatever device you’re using. It is entirely possible to get to a point where gear is the limiting factor.

I have a BenQ mouse and a Ducky keyboard now and have never been happier with my input devices. BenQ especially seems to make no thrills quality stuff.

Not even remotely. They use extremely cheap glue. It’s been a problem for years (though I have no idea about recently. I think my last Razer product was around 2015)

I haven’t had it happen yet with my 2 vipers, but it happened to the last 2 deathadders that I had before getting the viper a couple years ago. I figure it was a combo of my hands, and Arizona.

If I ever decide to try the newer death adder pro, I will probably try 3rd party grips instead since it already ships with out the strips applied.

I’d say mouse pads are a minor thing in the big picture and skates even more so, but I would say that from a comfort perspective that it can be a good value.

I tried at least 7 or so pads over about a year period and even though I would not attribute any significant performance gain/loss to them, I would say that they were mostly very different in feel and I now absolutely have a preference.

The Strider is actually considered a very good pad, but it’s also a very fast one and fairly rough texture. Some people like it a lot, and some people prefer something smoother to the skin and possibly with a bit more friction and control.

If you like it, there’s nothing wrong with it.

I like the Strider. I got it recently to replace a 3xl cheapo I got off amazon a couple years ago. I’m not sure how I would like the tempered glass of the skypad. The texture on the Strider is fine for me, but I could see it bothering some people. I had some razer pad years ago that had a really rough texture, and in the end I couldn’t stand that. I imagine the Strider will be the pad I’m using for the next couple of years at least. I guess it depends on where I end up with a sens. I was playing around recently trying different values in an aim trainer to see what was feeling the most natural and ended up around 52cm/360. There is a newer aim trainer on Steam called Oblivity that is focused around trying to a good sens range for you, and for $10 I figured I would see how it works. It landed at 50cm/360. Prior to that I was playing at I was playing at way too high a sens.