Gaming Podcast Discussion

Right on. Look at us and our cloud storages!

Thanks to rhamorim, here is the complete Jumping the Shark podcast archive.
Show notes that I could find from the few backed up webpages are included in a text file. If you got any to contribute, please send me a note!

https://archive.org/details/jumping-the-shark-033

I enjoyed Jumping the Shark so much. In fact, it killed all other gaming podcasts for me. It was just that good.

Yeah, when they had the full team it was definitely the best gaming podcast I’ve ever listened to, but admittedly I haven’t listened to many.

I originally started with Tom Chick’s first appearance during a Thanksgiving episode where he asked everyone what they were thankful for. My original plan had been just to listen to the handful of episodes which featured Tom as a guest, but after that episode I was hooked and kept listening until they lost Danielle, and then kept listening until they lost Bill. And then I finally stopped listening.

What a public service! Thanks, you two.

I don’t know if anyone listens to How Did This Get Played? (now actually known as just “Get Played”), but the most recent episode reminded me how much fun they have with their opening theme. Every week, it gets remixed in the style of the game they are covering (or with some sort of reference). So I looked up a compilation of all of them, and it’s a fun listen. It did take a handful of episodes before they REALLY started to go nuts with it.

I wasn’t - but I sure will now after checking out their Elden Ring episode. That intro was soo good, and the rest of the episode had me grinning repeatedly. Great stuff, thanks for the rec!

By Grabthar’s Hammer, we need more Galaxy Quest references! Thank you.

Was listening to Waypoint Radio just now and they had an ad for Aramco. I realise it’s probably just some Vice Media ad network deal, but it was possibly the most jarring and hilariously inappropriate ad I’ve ever heard.

A new gaming podcast from esteemed local @Jason_McMaster

Here’s the RSS feed (copy/paste it into your podcast app) for those of us who don’t use Spotify/Apple Podcasts:

https://anchor.fm/s/ce2ef968/podcast/rss

Dug the first episode. I could listen to McMaster talk at 1.5x all day.

This is probably going to send me back into the gaming podcast archives with Tom, too.

Does anyone know if the This is Only a Test podcast got cancelled? The Apple feed hasn’t had a new episode in ~5 weeks, and this week the app is reporting that it doesn’t see the feed at all.

… and nm, apparently it’s done-zo.

Oh nice, thanks!

After a near-decade absence, Robert Ashley’s A Life Well Wasted returns with its 8th episode.

http://www.alifewellwasted.com/

Also, I gotta check out McMaster’s new podcast.

Oh wow! Thanks for the heads up!

Now that’s a Christmas present

I hope it was a decade well wasted!

I can’t be bothered to get a link because I’m on my phone, but I’ve become a big fan of Into the Aether, which is self-described as a “low-key video game podcast”.

They only bring games they like to the show, which means that it’s positive across the board.

They’re definitely critical and have lots of smart thoughts, but they don’t do big dunking sessions or complain, which is refreshing.

It’s my current best replacement for Idle Thumbs.

Waypoint Radio has an interview with Ashley in the latest episode.