Gears of War - Disk Unreadable Error

Anyone you know with a 360 that you can take the games to and play there. NO breaky on their 360 but breaky on your 360 kinda points to your 360 and not the disc’s.

You’re not bringing your diseased disc over here!

I don’t know anybody with a 360. :(

Not hard to believe. Interesting statistic, there are less Xbox 360’s than people playing World of Warcraft globally.

However working in a large IT center my department is peppered with 360 owners. And about half of them are looking to get PS3’s.

I get this error with my GRAW disc. The support guy made no fucking sense whatsoever, and was unable to answer any of my questions but one: since I just bought the system on Tuesday, should I return the whole thing for another unit? To which he replied: Yes!

I only get the error with one game, out of five, but everyone I speak to seems to think it’s the first sign of Things Going Wrong.

Gnawing at me is the thought that it’s just this disc, that this console is working okay and the one they swap it for will be a dog.

metta, then you just swap the dog out again, this is the magic period where you can easily go to the store and swap 'em out, right? so take advantage of it to get a solid system. Hell, wrap it in a blanket and play gears for 12 hours and if it still works, keep that one.

Good point :)

Thanks mate!

I think the difference for me here is choice. If you’re out of money and a part breaks you can choose to replace it with something dirst cheap until you can get the component you really want. You have control over price/performance, and you also have the ability to make a decision that won’t cause your system to fail again in antoher couple of months.

With the XBox360, all choices and options are out of your control. And to repay 20% of the purchase price within a year, with no added guarantee you won’t have to do it again is pretty painful.

sure its painful, it would suck even with the warranty (the downtime)