Gears Tactics - XCOM Gears of War

Gawd, I wish I could do this. I’m so stuck on more, more, more…and with a kid who always wants the latest, its hard to concentrate fully on any one game. We tend to buy new games 3-5 times a month for any console and get oversaturated with too many games. I miss the old, old days with so many less releases.

Well, I stuck it through and popped the insane campaign trophies. Have an Ironman run going at the end of Act 1, but not sure if I’ll bother seeing it through, although there’s a couple of additional achievements within easy reach, so maybe I’ll stick through it. The last battle was annoying (mainly because I forgot the range of the boss’s blowing attack extends to the sublevels in front of it, but the bosses on Insane are really not the hard parts, as you likely have a pretty good system already if you’ve played the campaign through already.

Very impressive!

Added an Ironman achievement. Debating grinding Grubpocalypse for the 100% Achievement, and figured out a decent way to do it (using a team of 2 scouts at the end of a rescue mission and just dropping mines at respawn spots near the exit - since tickers spawn with them, you can kill 5 at a time easily). But it would still probably take…hours, for something pointless. Maybe on one of my interminable zoom calls.

Did you already complete the 20 veteran missions? How many kills are you short?

“pointless” can be applied to anything you aren’t interested in… GO FOR IT! :)

Played a lot of this when it first came out but never finished it. Decided to start a new game tonight and play to the end this time, it’s a great game.

Anyway got to the part where you can recruit some soldiers and man, JD has really let himself go…

Just had a friend point out to me this is 10 bucks on steam right now. For that price I suspect I’ll have to check it out.