GemCraft: Frostborn Wrath, defend that path, do that math, take a gem bath

No, I’ve unlocked every skill I can I think.

I’m WL. . . somewhere in the 120s. I don’t think grinding is the solution. It must be one of approach. I tried pytlons (2x3 towers, 1x3 aps, 2 pylons) and it fails miserably (interestingly, even at pylon skill 20, I’ve found it much less effective over the past, say, 7-10 journey maps. I’m winning but often with quite a few banishments taking place and a couple of times things got hary in the last few waves). I’m talking “oh wait I didn’t make it to wave 10” miserably. Needless to say, it’s one of those fields that has some mechanics to it.

So I deicde “ok I’ll try some traditional towers and amps, maybe a trap” but the variants of that I’ve used got me a little farther but nowhere near the end. I’m overreacting to one map development (Beacons start spawning and in my last few attempts I was throwing a grade 4 or 5 gem at them right at the start and I think that’ soverkill; most of the beacons have cardboard for defenses). Also, it may help to remove the 20 points I have in totems for this (doh). Probably to go into resonance for damage.

It’s an interesting map. But I am beating my head against it.