GemCraft: Frostborn Wrath, defend that path, do that math, take a gem bath

That’s weird it’s where mine is. Do you by chance have two different “library” folders?

I have most of my games on my hard drive some games on my SSD. I looked in both places. I will look around again.

Edit:
Found it - I was searching for it on my razor orbweaver and I think the app just wasn’t seeing it for some reason on the SSD.

Question on Traps:
I found a guide that states that Traps on earned on S4 Map. I beat the trial and do not see a Wizard Stash anywhere else but I do not see the traps icon when I go to other maps? I must be missing something.

Edit:
Found the Wizard Stash on Journey - thought I had completed it

Glad you found it.

Bear in mind with all guides, up until maybe 1.07 or something, skills and traits were gated behind wizad stashes in certain trials (although not all trial stashes granted a skill or a trait). Since then, the devs have moved all skill/trait containing stashes into either Journey or Endurance for whichever map it belonged to.

All I did today was play this, I’m thoroughly addicted. Mainly just doing Journey levels with the occasional Endurance run for a wizards tomb. Which is going fine, they are generally easy to beat, but I am extremely low on Shadowcores so my talisman isn’t advancing much.

What I don’t like is that Journey is extremely dependent on pylons. Without the full assortment of gem, when I don’t have the armor breaking gem, the game is basically just building traps and pylons. Lanterns don’t seem all that great. Still fun though.

A frequently advocated strategy over on steam forums is setting up a bank of towers:

TTT
aaa
TTT

With a Pylon above and below. Set gem tower targets to structure. You start with level 2 gems in each tower and upgrade occasionally. And kick back. But this doesn’tr eally work for me anymore (I did get past a handful of levels doing that). It’s a very effective strategy for a long time though (I didn’t come on it until I passed a good deal of the fields it would have rendered trivial). I’ve been running with 10 points in pylons (the extra range is super helpful; the damage is too of course but I found the range bump helped me through a few tough spots), I may bump that up some. But I also have a mission I am unclear how to pass at this time.

I finally, finally got an appropriate puzzle piece for the Left Edge of the middle row so I could string together 4 shapes in a row. This was quite a humerous adventure for me, as I either had (1) no right edge piece or (2) inadequate # of non edge pieces to make 4 in a row) for all types of designs. It wasn’t a huge improvement in my starting mana but whatever.

I typically use them as back line artillery, near the orb, which works well enough. That’s my problem with the game though, why mess with all these gems combos if I can just beat everything using pylons? It kind of makes everything else moot. (Of course if this game is anything like the last one, every level just turns into “Where can I build my mana farm?”)

I can’t afford to unlock the edge pieces. I think I need 1200 shadow cores for my next piece and I have around 300 right now. I should probably start bumping up the difficulty and doing Endurance runs to see if I can get more cores.

I went back and gave it another shot. And after another 10 hours, I’m done with it. Nothing is progressed. I reached a point where my ineptness with the game met it’s match. Not only is it so difficult to get to any progression of using anything remotely interesting, but after trying 30 min on my only two maps available to me, and failing both, I refuse to grind.

Uninstalled.

It’s a damn shame because I consider Chasing Shadows as one of the best TD games out there.

By grind, if you mean play the non-story missions, then yes I had to grind, but I find Endurance levels fun as well. You had to do that in the first one as well to boost your mana in the early game. That said I have had a couple dozen Endurance levels I haven’t even touched yet.

If I’m stuck on a story mission, I can usually just do a different one. I have 4-5 available currently. Just did an all trap, almost all swarmlings level. I lost on the final few waves, I just need to go in and adjust skills for it.

I think it is basically the same game as the first one, but I do think the last one was better. They had time to refine that one though, maybe this one just needs more tuning?

Great googly I can’t beat E4 to save my life.

And there is nothing you still have to unlock to help? I am not that far, so I have nothing.

No, I’ve unlocked every skill I can I think.

I’m WL. . . somewhere in the 120s. I don’t think grinding is the solution. It must be one of approach. I tried pytlons (2x3 towers, 1x3 aps, 2 pylons) and it fails miserably (interestingly, even at pylon skill 20, I’ve found it much less effective over the past, say, 7-10 journey maps. I’m winning but often with quite a few banishments taking place and a couple of times things got hary in the last few waves). I’m talking “oh wait I didn’t make it to wave 10” miserably. Needless to say, it’s one of those fields that has some mechanics to it.

So I deicde “ok I’ll try some traditional towers and amps, maybe a trap” but the variants of that I’ve used got me a little farther but nowhere near the end. I’m overreacting to one map development (Beacons start spawning and in my last few attempts I was throwing a grade 4 or 5 gem at them right at the start and I think that’ soverkill; most of the beacons have cardboard for defenses). Also, it may help to remove the 20 points I have in totems for this (doh). Probably to go into resonance for damage.

It’s an interesting map. But I am beating my head against it.

Is it a level where you don’t have the armor breaking gem so you have to use traps and pylons then?

I’ll let you know in a couple of weeks when I get there. I am WL ~68 currently. Haven’t found a Journey level I can’t do yet, but sometimes I have to go do a few others first.

Like I said pylons were a hard fail for me. Level 20 in the skill. It did have armor. The problem was more one of monster volume and the mechanics the map throws at you. The standard pylon “feeder” layout, with a ix of T4 and T5 gems, could not keep the Pylons shooting enough and two pylons wasn’t enough to keep up with all the monsters.

I did beat it. The first thing I did, on examining my talismans, was realize I had made a previous error and that I could in fact make a row of 5 consecutive shapes. I had two sets of shapes that I could possibly make a 5-square line with. One was missing a right-edge piece. The other, I thought, was missing an inner piece (with the dumb luck of having one edge with a dupe, and a corner piece that did me no good). But it turned out I did have a third inner piece I just missed it.

Redoing the grid did require some work. In fact the storage limits make it really annoying. I wish there was a “temporary” area that was more than 5 squares even if it was only temporary. But my starting mana bonus went from, uh, something like 124% to 174%. This was not a huge help, but it was a help. Using 4 towers, 1 Amp as the main, I build like double the number of extra towers for [redacted] than I had been. And I focused upgrading on my “rover” gem a litttle bit more than the main defenses.

It was still very close. It didn’t help that I missed a purple apparition thingy on two occasions and it ran off with one of the core defensive gems (I was able to get it before it left the map but that disrupted things considerably). I was sweating a bit over the last few waves. I probably should have consolidated the 4 main minion killing gems a bit sooner.

So I hit WL 149. I decided to do a bit more endurance farming. A + layout of turrets and 2 amps, just using mana gems (and 15 mana leech skill) did pretty good on the very first couple of maps. A couple of zones later, however, and it felt like it was falling of big time. I’m sure armor shred (the lack thereof) was part of the culprit. P revious attempts to do traps didn’t net as much experience but I may try that route again. On the balance I picked up like 23-25 levels though. There wer epeople reporting they could hit 250k doing this at ~wl 130 but I’m not seeing it. Maybe they have very different skill allocations than I do, but I couldn’t come close and I was hitting similar wave #s where things were going south (generally 60+).

Just hit 76 or so, but I finally found the armor tearing skill and that is making a huge difference. It’s made some of the other levels with lots of armored stuff easy, so I should be able to unlock some more stuff and conquer more endurance levels.

My shortage of shadow cores is killing me though. Maybe I need to start farming endurance levels?

I`ve reached wizard level 150, got around 65 fields to choose from. And it wasnt hard to get there! Maybe you should look up some beginners tutotials how to play this game. I got so much mana i dont know what to do with it. Well, that there are people crying about this game make me love it so much more :) hey, they even moved the skills and battle traits out of the trial levels for the weeping people out there, lol

Not to speak for him, but he did play the last one and liked it. This one is slightly more difficult, and going from where you had everything unlocked to this one, I can see some people not enjoying that. Now that I am finally unlocking gem skills, I am enjoying it more, but I am over 30 hours in too (yes, I suck).

I haven’t played a trial since the change. Too frustrating. I don’t think I understand the mechanics well enough to be good at them.

If you still want them beaten to have it complete, you can look up solutions on youtube for each trial level

I will probably at some point. In the last version I used to do them, but there weren’t so many and were nice for an occasional challenge.

This game brings my 4 year old laptop to it’s knees, even with no monsters on the screen.

“Consensus” seems to be that the Ritual trait drives core farming again this time around, and it will be a ways before you can get it. Until then, yeah you’ll collect some from doing endurance runs to level and the occasional juicy wizard stash.

I just did my first ritual farm attempt and got 258 cores, which is nice but I probably shouldn’t have done other traits besides ritual. I really need to unlock the crit gem too.