Gemcraft: grandiose TD at its finest

I am about WL 210. I have been doing six clicks. Just grinding my WL in order to have more initial mana. It seems level 300 is where mana farms etc will become more reliable.

Thx for the tip didn’t realize I could use the mouse wheel to raise the number.

it is currently on sale for less than 3$ in the humble winter sale…

The kill metter in the top right - what is that actually showing?

I am currently bombing for fury with 600-700 1 gem bombs. It causes a lot of monsters. Is it worth it to go that high as the number of monster does not increase and I cannot tell if it raising the XP significantly (plus the lag is terrible even when i shut off all the graphics).

Also, I have been blocking all the beacons but would i gain more XP if i jsut try to destrop them all teh time? I have experimented a bit but it seems to many beacons and you are a goner.

43 posts were split to a new topic: GemCraft: Frostborn Wrath, defend that path, do that math, take a gem bath

I have just got this and discovered the joys of early game poison traps.

It seems a little one dimensional so far, maybe a sign I’m not pushing the difficulty up enough.

It’s as deep as you want to make it. The correct way to make a gem (not that I know what the correct way is myself, but you can get gem making tools for the game) and what gems to combine, where, can get pretty complicated. As well as optimizing your talisman. Do jack up the difficulty as well. It makes it more fun and gives you a chance to get better stuff.

I have started building mana farms. The problem is it is slowing me down from completing the story… :)

This is where the game forks and you start doing endless runs because it’s so damn fun!

This morning:

• I’ll just do one field quickly on fast forward before I go to work. I’m not going to do anything hard so glaring difficulty is fine.
  • I might as well build a mana farm, I dont have to enrage the waves
  • It won’t be hard to set up a couple of towers to clear beacons so I can push these waves up to 999
  • Ooops I seem to have doubled my wizard level.

You would have quadrupled your wizard level if you had ;-)

Oh I did :) (see the comment about having to clear beacons).

I just wasn’t planning to :) But without enraging my mana trap was killing everything which was boring.

I cannot beat Z4 Endurance to get the wizard stash. Getting frustrated, read guides watched YouTube no luck. The swarmlings just kill me each time I try.