Gems of War. The wait for PQ fans is over (sort of)

Thanks to whoever invited her. She’s in now. The game assigned her the _1 without her knowing. Sorry for the confusion.

I’m going to be traveling for a bit and won’t be active unless they finally get the Android version out.

Getting a bit burned out on this so I probably won’t be as active. If you need a guild spot feel free to drop me. Otherwise I’ll contribute as I can. (tylertoo626)

We’ve still got one spot open, so I don’t think anyone needs to worry about being booted for a while. We’re doing pretty good at hanging around 140 in the rankings. It is funny to see smaller teams go racing up the charts though. I saw one team with 4000+ trophies, and it had a single member. Surely, that must be a remnant of a larger guild.

They sure are taking their time on the Android version.

I’m surprised they haven’t released it yet. My wife would play way more if they did.

Uh, what the hell happened? After the update this week, I’ve gone from a 90% win rate to a 10% win rate practically overnight. I’ve never seen so many gem cascades from the AI in my life, let alone the number of three skull drops. I’m usually at Rank 1 in a few days. This week, I’m stalled at Rank 7 and in real danger of running out of gold.

Phenomenally bad luck or back end tweaks? Is anyone else seeing this?

I can’t really judge, because I just switched my lineup with the release of Celestasia. I do seem to see the AI make a few new moves that net it mutliple matches, but it looks like they at least start with an obvious move that it used to not see. Maybe just a tweak in the AI is enough to start giving it more combos?

I’m still at some stupidly high win rate with goblin banshee alchemist. Exploder teams are still dumb, and skyfall luck continues to be a deciding factor in games instead of skill.

I haven’t noticed any ai changes here. I keep beating the drum for exploders to get nuked from orbit. They are the one thing about this game I really dislike. Apparently there has been discussion about reducing all their magic by 1. That’s not enough, IMO, but would be better than nothing.

I haven’t noticed any changes, either. And while exploders are a pain, they just added a new exploding weapon, so this may be a lost battle before it even begins. Sadly, I have only one (the Herdmaster from Divinion Fields), so I continue to use my Hero/Blade Dancer/Banshee/Alchemist combo.

On a happy note, I finally hit 500 gems this week. Celestial armor is great, and I’m loving the 300 souls I get from completing each challenge. There’s a great +100% gem sale on now, too, so it’s easier than ever to buy your way into some good armor if you want to drop some cash on the game. I would, if I hadn’t already earned what I need.

I’ve also noticed my win rate drop a lot lately despite not making any changes to my team (alchemist, valkyrie, frost giant x 2).

Good news, android version is coming with 1.0.6 patch in a couple of weeks.

Lots of other great-looking stuff, including a treasure hunt minigame, new dual-color weapons, a much-needed exploder nerf (they will now recover a smaller percent of mana), a new kingdom, some major bug fixes (like the massive damage skull bug), detailed mana info in game, and more. Details here.

Thank god.

And hey hey, look at this:

• We’ve stopped some of the streaks of gems falling in. This is not a change we make lightly, but it does make the game feel less punishing sometimes.

I think that could all be avoided if matching 4 of a kind gave bonus mana but NOT a free turn. Matching 5 or more should be free turn. Free turns are way too easy

Late to the party, but if there’s a spot in any of the QT3 guilds, I’m MRDANNIMAL

I’ve sent you an invite.

I’m sad that 5K trophies maxed out our guild rank. Earning more doesn’t help us further, and I’ve been an avid pvp’er. I assumed there would be diminishing returns but that the progression would be infinite. Oh well.

Fyi, new balance changes are out for troops and weapons ahead of patch 1.0.6

Also, there’s a new legendary troop as a freebie this weekend when you buy 7+ magic keys

If I hadn’t seen a forum thread, I’d have never noticed the balance changes. They need to document this stuff better.