Gems of War. The wait for PQ fans is over (sort of)

Yeah, I agree, at the very least there should be an in-game link to the page with all the changes

I think I’m gonna give up my spot in the guild and uninstall. The game was interesting to check out for a bit, but it given how many souls you need to level up a card it’s hard to experiment with deck builds, and there’s too little variety in the gameplay to keep me interested. It’s not a terrible game, but I just don’t have enough time to play everything.

Yeah, I’m pretty close to giving up myself, for pretty much the same reasons, but I’d like to see 1.6 before I go.

I know they have a bunch of cool stuff they want to do, and I think there will be tons of mini-games and such eventually (they want one in every city) but I think the android version really ate into their resources, so new content has been really slow in coming.

I hear you, but if you stop playing, how will you then match three?

MUST

MATCH

THREE

Once you get a good team, there’s little reason to vary, because you can’t predict what you’ll run into in the battles that count (invades, defenses) and you can’t use your own stuff in the arena. So, given that the “challenges” and the quests are trivial once you level up, there is no reason to deviate from a proven winner as, over time, it’ll continue to win most likely because you will rarely if ever run into the same team again and again. If you do, if maybe the FOTM changes, you might be swapping a card or two, but so far, nope, hasn’t been necessary. Now, I’m only level 75 or so, but my wife is level 175 I think and she says the same thing, so, yeah.

Yeah, I was playing daily for a while, but stopped for a couple weeks while on a trip, and just haven’t been able to muster any enthusiasm for it since getting back for the same reasons you guys mentioned. I was planning to play more when the Android version arrives, but I’m not even sure how much that will bring me back.

absolutely. Challenges that get you to switch your team up would be so nice.

Another idea along those lines would be an Arena variant that has you pick from a random assortment of your own cards, cards that wouldn’t be auto leveled to 10 if they were already higher but would be raised to that if they were lower. That would benefit those with a lot of leveled but unused troops without completely crippling those without.

Yep, I wish there were some game mechanic that gave us incentive to change our lineup. I haven’t bothered to level anyone other than my starters, because they win for me.

Incidentally, my iPad install is apparently corrupted. My Steam install is up to date, though; I just played a challenge on it. The iPad is saying I should reinstall. I’ll do that, but is my data stored somewhere on the iPad, or will it have to be downloaded? If the latter, er, am I going to have to remember a password? (Gulp.)

Leveling troops you don’t use boosts kingdom level when they hit 15, and that’s useful. You get more tribute and bonuses to stats and masteries when you fight there. I’ve maxed out all my home kingdom troops for that reason and now am leveling those belonging to the most common home kingdoms other players use to help invasions.

Spock, you must have linked the account already, since you have it on two platforms. Just screenshot the password. Reinstall, play through the tutorial, then put the password in.

Can we get an officer to log in and spend some task tokens? We have 30 now.

New update today with a quest line in Khaziel that gives a nice dual colored weapon at the end of it. Check it out, folks.

Misguided, I’ve reinstalled and played through the tutorial on iPad. But where do I input the password? I see an option to connect via Facebook, but I don’t see anywhere else I can log in.

It’s in something of a funky spot:

Hero > Account Settings > Link to another account

Man, do I want Ultimate Gorgotha on my team. Taking him down was quite a battle. Only took one try, but it was close.

So as a newly promoted Sentinel, what’s the protocol for using tokens? Use 'em if we got 'em? Ladies choice? Guildmaster only? What?

I think we should keep doing what past officers have done: spread the masteries out evenly. Everyone has their own mana priorities, and as the game changes they’ll change as well. A flat allocation seems ideal to me.

Ah, I didn’t think to look there. I’ll try that tomorrow. Thanks!