Gems of War. The wait for PQ fans is over (sort of)

I just lost my soul to this thing in Steam.

I am starting, so I wellcome any general advice.
I loved PQ and this one do right everything PQ did right.

The guild I am in is pretty much dead, I play daily but only 5 of the other 30 in it are active. If theres is room in the guild I would like a spot.

Sure. What is your invite code?

Thanks my invite code is RSHETTS

Hello, all. I’ve been lurking here daily for well over a decade but have not registered until now. I’m a long-time poster over at Octopus Overlords so if you have frequented those forums you may have seen my posts. I currently have a thread over there about Gems of War and started a new guild but there seems to be no real interest in the game from the OO folks. After I mentioned that I had created a new guild of which I was the solo member, Kelan suggested over there that I should join the Qt3 guild. I thought it was a fine suggestion but had no way to make the request. So, I decide to register simply to ask if you could use another guild member.

I just started playing the game about a week ago and I’ve been playing rather frenetically ever since. I absolutely love it. I’m only around level 37 currently and still trying to earn resources, get as many different troops as I can, and unlock different kingdoms.

So, if you’ll have me, I’d be happy to be a proud member of the Qt3 guild and will promptly delete my guild so I can join yours. Just let me know. Thanks. My invite code is COLDSTEEL

Hey there!

Yeah, there should be room and it helps everyone where there are more active players. I didn’t think to check, but I may be able to invite people now although I don’t think I used to be able to. Maybe I just can’t spend tokens or something.

Hi Kelan, thanks. I went ahead and disbanded my solo guild so go ahead and send me an invite when you get a chance. Thanks again.

I’m in my “honeymoon” 2nd week of Marvel Puzzle Quest. Want to talk me out of that game into this one? It’s roughly the same thing, right?

I would definitely talk you out of Magic: Puzzle Quest. That game is a buggy mess right now.

So, tribute. I was curious about how it actually works so I did a bit of digging. The check for tribute only occurs when you go to your home kingdom to collect hourly gold. Although gold continues to accumulate for you even if you don’t login hourly to get it, tribute does not. If you wanted to maximize your income of all the stuff that tribute provides (extra gold, glory, gems, keys, souls) you would need to login every hour on the hour to do so.

It appears there a max of 24 tribute checks that are theoretically possible each day but most folks are only getting a few tribute checks in whenever they’re logged in and click on the little flashing gold icon over your home kingdom. Now, I find this to be a somewhat curious design decision. Long time players may not care about this but as a new player that’s constantly broke and scrapping for every bit of gold, souls, gems, keys, etc. I can get, I feel it like puts a lot of pressure on me to login once an hour. Obviously, I can’t really do that and it makes me grumpy that I’m leaving income on the table.

As folks that have played the game for a while longer than I have, how do you feel about this? Good design decision? Does it bug you that tribute does not accumulate automatically every hour like gold accumulation does?

Don’t care one way or the other. It’s a free game time-waster for me, so I don’t give a rat’s patootie about pretty much any aspect of it. My wife, though, takes it much more seriously, and is in one of the top clans which has minimum trophy and gold requirements, etc. But even she doesn’t pay much attention to maximizing tribute.

I mean, it’s F2P with the usual goads to get you to spend money, albeit less annoying than many. Most of the design decisions I find make sense in that context I’m sure.

I stopped having fun with this!, other than treasure maps, is always the same thing, without any variety. Unlike PQ that had the crafting thing, the puzzle-ish thingies and the story. I have hope they are making some variety. I still play from time to time, I like this type of games, but can’t stand more than 3 or 4 puzzles in a single day.

If possible, someone on the OO forums would like a guild invite, his ID - BAROQUEN131. Thanks!

Invite sent, I believe.

We are up to 93 guild tokens if anyone that can spend them can log on to up a few mastery levels. I don’t quite have the rank to do that, I believe.

Thanks! :)

'Tis done. Brought up everything to +27. Also promoted you, frozencracker, and JoshL a rank since you folks seem to be highest on the totem pole of people who still play regularly (according to Login). Hopefully, that will give you more flexibility in applying bonuses since the rest of us seems to by lying down on the job. :)

Cool. I log in daily, and sometimes play a few things; my wife is much more active, but she’s in the top guild, period, MatchMakers or something like that, the one at the top of the ladder. They have actual requirements for trophies and stuff, and have like five people at level 1000 or more. My wife hit level 500 and she’s nowhere near the top.

Awesome. Thank you, Justin.

We are up to over 160 tokens again for guild mastery. I believe I was bumped up a rank, but still can’t spend the points. I tried :).

Me neither. SPENDTOKENSPLZKTHX.