Gems of War. The wait for PQ fans is over (sort of)

Pretty much. You don’t spend them (you do of course claim them so they go into the guild totals) for keys until Sunday night, before the roll over. The goal is to get to as high a “tier” of rewards as we can. Usually we hit 5000 seals, which is meh, but the best we can do. You need to hit 10k to have a shot at mythics. Super active guilds of people who play far, far more than is probably wise hit the max 40k or whatever in hours often.

It looks like each person can get a max of 1500/week? It seems like you would have to play a lot to get that much though.

For mere mortals, yes. The truly dedicated hit that very quickly. There are some players that must do nothing but play this game, or have very good bots.

Normally, I get maybe a few hundred seals a week.

I get more now that I have it on my phone also and more this week because I am off work :).

Still, if you do the daily login to get your bonus gold, take another few seconds to claim your daily seals (15/day) and that helps a lot.

You get 9 seals from 1 PvP battle and 15 seals from advancing a PvP tier so you can rack up the seals there pretty quickly. You also get 20 seals from a treasure key battle that lasts 60 or more turns, which is pretty easy to get. Leveling will also get you another 15 seals. It’s not that hard to get to 1500 in a week as long as you can spend some time at it.

It’s funny, but I never really understood what PvP meant in this game until just this week, thanks to this thread. I had assumed that it meant I would be playing another human in real-time, kind of like Hearthstone or whatever. Because I typically play this game while dozing off at the end of the night, I was reluctant to actually make another human dependent on my time (and vice versa).

but now that I realize that it’s just the AI playing other humans’ builds, I’ve dove right into it. It’s really a great experience with some interesting combos.

It’s the meat of the game, for sure. Experimenting with builds, trying different things,against people who are setting up defense teams to do the same is pretty engaging, really, for what is at its core a match three.

Been farming maps some with Tyri.

PVP goes like this:

1. Do they have lightning arrow? If so GG. I( mean yes I can try to kill it but I never managed to.

2. Do they have so,ething else scary like that dracula with 40 effective health who kept summoning level 8 giant spiders? GG.

3. Probably GG but maybe not.

4. I can win and probably do.

If I ever wind up in #4, I will slow down and try to farm maps with her. I find treasure maps very addicting but I’ve hit a slump and haven’t done a 60 turn one in awhile.

I added a trait to the Dark Whatsherface so I get more mana from green matches. As I’, now running a green/purple banner on this team it works really well. I think I will slot her into the goblin lineup; I can feed the shit out of the starter goblin and he’ll back stab all the time. My next goal is to build up 1k+ souls so I can level him some more.

Alas, I am going to be out of town starting Saturday morning (hollidays and what not) so I’ll have to do my guild chests then. But I’m still excited even if we don’t get to 5k by that point because opening chests is also super addictive. Cards! Other rewards! Everything in this game is some form of pinata.

Glad you are liking it, @peacedog. One cool thing is I still have never paid a cent and have had a great time with the game. Which reminds me I really should throw the devs some money soon!

I agree Peacedog, that lightning arrow is brutal. It’s not an instant loss for me but it sure seems OP at times.

There is a troop that farms maps? I’ll have to look into that as I enjoy doing the treasure hunts. I’m currently rolling with a dragon/freeze team that is working pretty well for me.

Legendary Borealis
Couatl
Snow Guardian
Visk

The Borealis freezes everyone with his magic and the snow guardian gets damaged boost for every enemy frozen so they work well together.

Tyri is a purple (unique?) card. She’s the “hero” person in Zhul’spiders, and I thought I got her from advancing the quest there sufficiently. But maybe not? Anyway her ability destroys gems (you pick a color and of course the # is tied to magic skill), gives 5 gold, and has a 20% chance to generate a map. She’s an 8 green/purple hero and I find her easy to fill up (especially since she tends to get 6 mana back as I am usually destroying gems of her color).

Whoever finished the guild task that gave out 140 gold keys netted me a Ranger amongst the many other rewards. So now I have a Lightning Arrow ho ho ho.

Speaking of those rewards, I see that each category is like X completed/12. Once we finish I take it there’s no more?

Perhaps, but those reset every week at the Sun/Mon reset time. Monday-Tuesday usually sees us bang out the first ranks of each color quickly and the rewards really add up.

Wow, Clans really do just throw crazy resources at members.

I found Tau. It’s a purple rarity lion dude card. He gets a 6 strength skill attack (at magic 1) that, if it kills, gives +4 to all his skills. So he’s replacing my demon dude.

Oy. I jumped back into this and I’ve been wiped, so I’m starting from scratch.

Can I get a guild invite to “bobehm 1”?

Cool, it would be nice to get more active members in this guild as we were really close to unlocking the next level of guild chest this week. 1 or 2 more actives would get us there.

I just sent an invite to bobehm_1 as there was no bobehm 1. It still shows the original bobehm in the build, so perhaps if you can’t gain control of that one again, ask @buzznaut to remove it from the guild to make room for another.

I’m really digging my build of dragons + snow guardian right now. I’ve swapped out Visk for the baby dragon as sometimes he will transform into a legendary dragon and Visk was really only usefull when you are fighting builds with yellow troops in it. I really need to find a good defensive group though as they almost never win. With that said, I almost never lose when attacking so it might just be how the game is.

I have unlocked all towns. I have maxxed broken spire, and put a handful of levels in a few others. Wooo.

I’ve finish all quests in broken spire and 1 other city, but other than that I’ve largely avoided doing city quests and focused on PVP to get seals for the guild. Should I be spending more time on city quests? Am I missing out on anything big by not doing them?

You should NOT max one kingdom at a time. Get all your kingdoms to level 3 first before spending on anything else. Then work on getting them all to level 6 as you can. Then start maxing just the 4 kingdoms that give you a +1 magic bonus (one at a time). This will help better maximize your chances of getting kingdom loot every hour. Note that you have to actually login and check each hour to get it.